Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did everyone find the English Language AQA GCSE exam ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the English Language exam?
    I managed to finish on time, all my mates say they also did much better than the mock exams. By the way I will be grateful if anyone could also provide the predicted grade boundaries, I am looking for an A/A*!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakstar)
    I managed to finish on time, all my mates say they also did much better than the mock exams. By the way I will be grateful if anyone could also provide the predicted grade boundaries, I am looking for an A/A*!
    It actually went a lot better than I thought, I actually finished the exam this time:bban:Im aiming for an A/A* as well, what do u reckon the grade boundaries will be like?

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed the exam today. The coastal town topic being a refreshing change from the standard "social media" ones. Predicted Grade Boundaries are 58 (out of 80) or slightly more for an A*...

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    My exam was sooo good, I finally answered all the questions just in time!, How did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty0301)
    It actually went a lot better than I thought, I actually finished the exam this time:bban:Im aiming for an A/A* as well, what do u reckon the grade boundaries will be like?
    Nice! I bet you did great mate! Ye the grade boundaries I think will probably be the same as usual. I won't be doing any more english, lmao, I think that is the biggest relief!!! Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics will be the way to go for A- level hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janse van Zyl)
    I really enjoyed the exam today. The coastal town topic being a refreshing change from the standard "social media" ones. Predicted Grade Boundaries are 58 (out of 80) or slightly more for an A*...

Hope this helps
    Yes thanx, hope you did well!!

ReputationRep:
    Nice! I bet you did great mate! Ye the grade boundaries I think will probably be the same as usual. I won't be doing any more english, lmao, I think that is the biggest relief!!! Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics will be the way to go for A- level hopefully!
    haha sameee! hated english tbh XD. doin maths, f.maths, psychology, bio and chem next year for a levels. Wanna go into medicine, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasnia'x)
    My exam was sooo good, I finally answered all the questions just in time!, How did yours go?
    Thank you mine went well, hope you get the grades you want!!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you mine went well, hope you get the grades you want!!
    No worries
    I'm aiming for an A/A* as well, Hope you get your A* grade

ReputationRep:
    haha sameee! hated english tbh XD. doin maths, f.maths, psychology, bio and chem next year for a levels. Wanna go into medicine, how about you?
    It could go either way, engineering or finance both seem really exciting!!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else think that the sources were terrible? Questions 5&6 were really good and I thought there was a lot to talk about and debate about. Hope everyone else's went ok!

ReputationRep:
    It could go either way, engineering or finance both seem really exciting!!
    Physics isn't particularly my cup of tea so I'd struggle with engineering but good luck with whatever you choose to do!

ReputationRep:
    Physics isn't particularly my cup of tea so I'd struggle with engineering but good luck with whatever you choose to do!
    Cheers mate, I appreciate the support, ironically chemistry isn't for me haha. Ye best of luck with the rest of your exams and your career ambition!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GcseMaths)
    Did anyone else think that the sources were terrible? Questions 5&6 were really good and I thought there was a lot to talk about and debate about. Hope everyone else's went ok!
    Yeah I have to agree and say that it was quite hard to compare on question 4. Plus I kind of was limited with the sources. But overall hopefully, i'll be okay - need a B for college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GcseMaths)
    Aw i love the sources, it's just that you need to understand the way they write
    I love Q6 better than Q5- i don't even know why :/

ReputationRep:
    If I did no comparison for question 4 can I only get 4 marks? I am so worried as I did loads of analysis

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.