Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 10 at school and in a few weeks I have 3 maths paper which edexcel have sent out as example papers. Has anyone done these papers (3 of them) and has an unofficial mark scheme?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    The mark schemes are on the websites IIRC, but they're official ones if you don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabzinc)
    The mark schemes are on the websites IIRC, but they're official ones if you don't mind.
    Thanks, do you think you could send me the link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lloyd254)
    Thanks, do you think you could send me the link?
    Oh wait nvm, I thought you were talking about the Year 11 specimen papers, sorry for the inconvenience

unless thats what youre talking about :/

ReputationRep:
    Here they are anyway:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...pers-Set-2.pdf

This is the only set open to the public right now

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Cheating on year 10 exams seems a stupid thing to do. You learn nothing about what you need to work harder on and your teachers have a false idea of your strengths and weaknesses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Cheating on year 10 exams seems a stupid thing to do. You learn nothing about what you need to work harder on and your teachers have a false idea of your strengths and weaknesses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're right, I won't look for the paper anymore. Thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think his school will use those papers for his Year 10 exams; the papers I sent were meant to be sat in Year 11. Usually schools make their own papers using an Exam Question bank that students can't access, or Edexcel sends them papers that students also can't access.

Though it isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabzinc)
    I don't think his school will use those papers for his Year 10 exams; the papers I sent were meant to be sat in Year 11. Usually schools make their own papers using an Exam Question bank that students can't access, or Edexcel sends them papers that students also can't access.

Though it isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility.
    There isn't yet a full set of resources to support the new GCSE specifications.
    I am aware of several schools who are using examiner supplied sample papers or adapting them for end of year 10 exams this summer. They will certainly use a more securely managed set of official mock papers or create something themselves for year 11 mocks but many don't yet have the time or resources to do this for year 10 exams in these new specifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.