Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Asking her out - need your help! watch

ReputationRep:
    I fell for a girl in high school, stupidly never said anything though I had a few chances to, every time I'd back down cause I wasn't 100 per cent confident and always thought "is this me really you've never told a girl you like her before". We were never really close but we were in the same lessons and talked on occasion, it was positive but we had different friendship groups so never really hung out but from what I saw in lessons and of my interactions with her she just seemed exactly what I'd always wanted, and even though we haven't talked for like 9 months I still have feelings for her.

I just have to let her know cause I hear guys talking about her, she doesn't jump into relationships, but next time I see her I just have to have a quick convo and ask her out for a coffee or something in the summer. I have to clear my head, whatever answer is a positive for me. Good idea? And how do I motivate myself to actually do it instead of backing down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pizzabomb)
    I fell for a girl in high school, stupidly never said anything though I had a few chances to, every time I'd back down cause I wasn't 100 per cent confident and always thought "is this me really you've never told a girl you like her before". We were never really close but we were in the same lessons and talked on occasion, it was positive but we had different friendship groups so never really hung out but from what I saw in lessons and of my interactions with her she just seemed exactly what I'd always wanted, and even though we haven't talked for like 9 months I still have feelings for her.

I just have to let her know cause I hear guys talking about her, she doesn't jump into relationships, but next time I see her I just have to have a quick convo and ask her out for a coffee or something in the summer. I have to clear my head, whatever answer is a positive for me. Good idea? And how do I motivate myself to actually do it instead of backing down?
    Do it! What's the worst that can happen? She says no, at least you get closure and can move on Better than thinking "what if" for the rest of your life. To motivate yourself just tell yourself that you won't be able to move on and find somebody else if you never at least TRY. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    JUUST DO IT
    And let us know what happens afterwards

I think you should just go for it, or maybe perhaps get to know her more like over Facebook. Personally, being a girl I would hope for the latter option🙈

Try it, why not?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Do you not have her number or social media contacts?

Probably best to get some momentum going, you haven't talked for 9 months so you probably need to talk beforehand..

ReputationRep:
    The thing about asking a girl out is that if she's interested it doesn't matter too much how you do it. And conversely if she not It usually doesn't matter too much either. Asking her for a coffee is a good idea. You've done some ground work and then you'll find out where you stand. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BananaWaffle)
    JUUST DO IT
    And let us know what happens afterwards
    For Realz though, we're you're Forum Family (Stupid English making me use Alliteration, but Ooooh guess what!? I don't do it in the exam fml )

ReputationRep:
    Ask her out!

Cheers and no I don't have her number or social media, unfortunately, as she never uses social media. But thanks all, any more help is definitely welcomed.

ReputationRep:
    Skimmed through this before but honestly thanks for all your help, read through it in detail and you're all so kind. Will let you know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Just pluck up the courage!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.