Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm meant to be starting bham in september (fingers crossed ) but i'm really scared i won't get my grades, are they lenient? i mean for example they've asked for abb, if i get aac or abc will they not let me in???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jossy)
    i'm meant to be starting bham in september (fingers crossed ) but i'm really scared i won't get my grades, are they lenient? i mean for example they've asked for abb, if i get aac or abc will they not let me in???

hey if you get AAC and they ask for ABB , i'm sure you'll be fine, dunno about the other one though

what are you going to do there?

I'm going to do English and History

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jossy)
    I had a friend who got offered ABB for Sheffield and got AAC, and they didn't have enough room to take her that year- but they did give her a place for the year after. Of course, it depends on what everybody else got on results day too

What are you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    It'll depend on the department.. my roommate from this year got BCD (I think) and his offer for Physics was BBC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    It'll depend on the department.. my roommate from this year got BCD (I think) and his offer for Physics was BBC.
    That's because he was Welsh.

I know people in Law who had offers of AAB and got in with BBC.

And yes, I'm back. After being struck by a Word 97 virus (running Word 2003) :rolleyes:

Tim C.

ReputationRep:
    hey,
    bham take in a lot of students who dont get the predicted grades dnt wri sure u'll get in

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully we will all make the grades then after freshers week we will all meet each other and relise that we already know each other from of here.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you're a little too hopeful -- Birmingham Uni is a big place!

Tim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n7studios)
    I know people in Law who had offers of AAB and got in with BBC.
    are you for real?

ReputationRep:
    DEAR GOD, AAB down to BBC? for law? do you reckon a similar thing could happen with a medicine applicant? ...*hopes*..... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not for medicine. I didn't get in because I missed my offer by one grade. I was 3 marks off. Well I suppose medicine is over subscribed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Not for medicine. I didn't get in because I missed my offer by one grade. I was 3 marks off. Well I suppose medicine is over subscribed
    Did you get into your insurance though?

ReputationRep:
    not with dentistry either- i also missed my grade by 3, and my insurance is the same grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I think this answers the original question - not very lenient!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.