Want more information about this university?
This discussion is closed.
jossy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i'm meant to be starting bham in september (fingers crossed ) but i'm really scared i won't get my grades, are they lenient? i mean for example they've asked for abb, if i get aac or abc will they not let me in???
John Paul Jones
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jossy)
i'm meant to be starting bham in september (fingers crossed ) but i'm really scared i won't get my grades, are they lenient? i mean for example they've asked for abb, if i get aac or abc will they not let me in???

hey if you get AAC and they ask for ABB , i'm sure you'll be fine, dunno about the other one though

what are you going to do there?

I'm going to do English and History
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jossy)
I had a friend who got offered ABB for Sheffield and got AAC, and they didn't have enough room to take her that year- but they did give her a place for the year after. Of course, it depends on what everybody else got on results day too

What are you going to study?
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It'll depend on the department.. my roommate from this year got BCD (I think) and his offer for Physics was BBC.
n7studios
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
It'll depend on the department.. my roommate from this year got BCD (I think) and his offer for Physics was BBC.
That's because he was Welsh.

I know people in Law who had offers of AAB and got in with BBC.

And yes, I'm back. After being struck by a Word 97 virus (running Word 2003) :rolleyes:

Tim C.
fatima damani
Report 15 years ago
hey,
bham take in a lot of students who dont get the predicted grades dnt wri sure u'll get in
Chubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hopefully we will all make the grades then after freshers week we will all meet each other and relise that we already know each other from of here.
n7studios
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Perhaps you're a little too hopeful -- Birmingham Uni is a big place!

Tim.
pugnacious
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by n7studios)
I know people in Law who had offers of AAB and got in with BBC.
are you for real?
yipee
Report 15 years ago
DEAR GOD, AAB down to BBC? for law? do you reckon a similar thing could happen with a medicine applicant? ...*hopes*..... :rolleyes:
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not for medicine. I didn't get in because I missed my offer by one grade. I was 3 marks off. Well I suppose medicine is over subscribed
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
Not for medicine. I didn't get in because I missed my offer by one grade. I was 3 marks off. Well I suppose medicine is over subscribed
Did you get into your insurance though?
annaholden
Report 15 years ago
not with dentistry either- i also missed my grade by 3, and my insurance is the same grades
Chubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
I think this answers the original question - not very lenient!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (16)
13.91%
A mix of in-person and online options (23)
20%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (65)
56.52%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (11)
9.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed