PGD Nursing at Sheffield Hallam

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the PGD Adult nursing course starting in September 2016? If so how are you getting on with your portfolio? I am really struggling with mine and would appreciate someone to discuss it with!

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for September 2016 too. I know what you mean, it's causing me a lot of worry. I have a lot of words written, but I'm struggling with what should go on the indexing document and what should go on the 2000 word situational analysis. The video they provided a link to was no help at all.

Which areas are you having trouble with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by part_hobbit)
    I have an offer for September 2016 too. I know what you mean, it's causing me a lot of worry. I have a lot of words written, but I'm struggling with what should go on the indexing document and what should go on the 2000 word situational analysis. The video they provided a link to was no help at all.

Which areas are you having trouble with?
    Yes I am struggling with the same things really. I feel like I will be repeating myself a lot on the situational analysis with what I have written on the indexing part. The video link didn't work whatsoever for me! I feel a little less worried to hear that someone else is also finding it difficult however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasminesb95)
    Yes I am struggling with the same things really. I feel like I will be repeating myself a lot on the situational analysis with what I have written on the indexing part. The video link didn't work whatsoever for me! I feel a little less worried to hear that someone else is also finding it difficult however.
    I have exactly the same feeling. As though the analysis is just the information from the indexing document with sentences to pad it out. I feel less worried too, so thank you.

Also worried for how much certain statements or criteria have to be evidenced such as "Introduce the student to key principles and practice of effective leadership to enhance service improvement and innovation." not sure what kind of hard evidence I can use for that beyond describing my jobs and submitting a job description. I have tried to get statements from people I've worked for but they haven't really materialised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by part_hobbit)
    I have exactly the same feeling. As though the analysis is just the information from the indexing document with sentences to pad it out. I feel less worried too, so thank you.

Also worried for how much certain statements or criteria have to be evidenced such as "Introduce the student to key principles and practice of effective leadership to enhance service improvement and innovation." not sure what kind of hard evidence I can use for that beyond describing my jobs and submitting a job description. I have tried to get statements from people I've worked for but they haven't really materialised.
    That's exactly what mine is seeming like, I am not really sure what else we are supposed to put in the analysis though. Yeah evidence is really worrying me also. It is extremely difficult to get references/statements for every single claim on there. I have a feeling some of mine won't have hard evidence behind them and I am just going to have to hope that is alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasminesb95)
    That's exactly what mine is seeming like, I am not really sure what else we are supposed to put in the analysis though. Yeah evidence is really worrying me also. It is extremely difficult to get references/statements for every single claim on there. I have a feeling some of mine won't have hard evidence behind them and I am just going to have to hope that is alright.
    I've tried to develop and expand upon the criteria in the analysis, go into more detail, refer more to personal experience. But as you say the difficulty in getting references for every statement is becoming a worry. I was thinking I might call the personal contact I was given for come clarity tomorrow while I still have time to get the portfolio up to scratch.

Has your personal contact been any help?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that is the kind of thing I am trying to do really. Speaking to your tutor is probably a good idea. I have only spoken to my tutor via email and I think calling is probably the best way to go about it as it is probably easier to convey what issues you are having and seek a more informative response. I haven't asked my tutor too many questions yet as I didn't want to swarm her with all my queries at once and hoped once I got into it things would become more clear but they haven't really.

ReputationRep:
    Hie guys. I need yr help. Got no clue of wat to do on the APEL indexing template. Please help I am on March intake . .

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.