The Student Room Group

Don't know what I want to do

I'm currently doing my AS exams in
Government and Politics, Sociology and History
I'm going to have to start applying for uni soon, and It's bugging me because I have no idea what I want to do
I was considering Nursing but I don't know if I'll like it plus I have GCSE science at grade D so that's kinda slightly putting me off
I'm thinking Sociology but I don't know

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice which degrees I could get with these a levels
thank you
Reply 1
Original post by catsen6
I'm currently doing my AS exams in
Government and Politics, Sociology and History
I'm going to have to start applying for uni soon, and It's bugging me because I have no idea what I want to do
I was considering Nursing but I don't know if I'll like it plus I have GCSE science at grade D so that's kinda slightly putting me off
I'm thinking Sociology but I don't know

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice which degrees I could get with these a levels
thank you

Do you find business interesting? If so, that's probably your best bet especially If you don't know what you want to do when you graduate. Most business management degrees don't need you to have studied any related subjects prior to entry and you're pretty much guaranteed a job at the end of it. You'll fit into almost any corporation.

Plenty of scope: you can differentiate into HR, marketing, finance, resource management, sales, just be a manager if you're the bossy type :wink:.

I would personally advise to not go into anything niche and avoid any vocational type courses. Avoid psychology, philosophy, anthropology, history, I don't know enough about career scopes in sociology to comment. Most of those graduates end up unemployed, working for peanuts or working at Starbucks. There is a way to make a living off those subjects but It means a lot more academic study, post grad study and student debt to find a niche with high demand.

Best bet: go to which.co.uk look at university and courses of interest then look through the avg rate of employment and avg graudate salaries.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest