Window 10 will force me to download in less than 8 hours

Watch
Ordo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Annoying notifications kept coming up and I rejected them so many times. Then it said it will download in 8 hours in automatic update. I did change the update setting, but window 10 time are still counting down. I panicked and I don't know what to do.

I have tried on the computer with Windows 10 at school - I don't like it because it's just new animations and sometimes it is slow for me. I prefer window 8 - for me it is a simple design and I don't often use the boxy things. I don't play games on my laptop and I only used for working. I'm scared if they changed things like my documents.

Please how can I resolve this problem? Thanks.

P.S.
Sorry for bad English
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
TheOtherSide. You can help
ihatePE
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
just turn it on and let it update? it's not the end of the world
TheOtherSide.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
TheOtherSide. You can help
I actually don't know what'll happen if it's already started downloading. :getmecoat:

Maybe Zargabaath or undercxver? :hide:
Rhythmical
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Leave it. Windows 10 is here to stay and rule the world, we have taken over the world.
username2387497
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rhythmical)
Leave it. Windows 10 is here to stay and rule the world, we have taken over the world.
Nooooo!
Windows 8 FTW!!!
Workangel_24
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ordo)
Annoying notifications kept coming up and I rejected them so many times. Then it said it will download in 8 hours in automatic update. I did change the update setting, but window 10 time are still counting down. I panicked and I don't know what to do.

I have tried on the computer with Windows 10 at school - I don't like it because it's just new animations and sometimes it is slow for me. I prefer window 8 - for me it is a simple design and I don't often use the boxy things. I don't play games on my laptop and I only used for working. I'm scared if they changed things like my documents.

P.S.
Sorry for bad English
My laptop also automatically updated to Windows 10 and yeah I don't like it either tbh and it is much more slower now!! Don't worry they won't do anything to your documents they should be fine although to be on the safe side just transfer all your files to a USB.
TheOtherSide.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by FireFreezer77)
Nooooo!
Windows 8 FTW!!!
You two are both deranged.

Windows 7 or nothing.
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
the world didnt need saving from windows 7 it was/is perfect :heart:
Nooooo!
Windows 7 FTW!!!
Corrected
Rhythmical
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nooooo!
Windows 8 FTW!!!
(Original post by TheOtherSide.)

Windows 7 or nothing.
You guys are deluded, one day Windows 10 will make you update to it and then you'll be begging me to help you with the system, too bad I'll be used to it while you guys wil be crying.
username2088165
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was forced to download Windows 10 too, it started downloading automatically even though I said no. I don't mind it too much because it kept all my files and folders etc the same, but it has taken a while to get used to the new design and layout!
Rhythmical
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Corrected
Arsenal suck.
soIiIoquy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i liked windows 7 tbh
Ordo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
Nooooo I dont want to update it

(Original post by Workangel_24)
My laptop also automatically updated to Windows 10 and yeah I don't like it either tbh and it is much more slower now!! Don't worry they won't do anything to your documents they should be fine although to be on the safe side just transfer all your files to a USB.
I heard some people lost their documents due to different formats or something
But i dont want that happen to me
username2387497
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheOtherSide.)

Windows 7 or nothing.
I would disagree!
Windows 8 is more stylish!
7 is great though!
4ÆM
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Windows 7 >>>> All
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Arsenal suck.
U wot M8
But your team finished below us this season :bubbles: (i dont know what team you support :lol: )
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ordo)

P.S.
Sorry for bad English
Ok well with my pc it pops up, and then it says some stuff can't remember exactly but don't freak out. Take your time and click where it says reschedule. You can also go to control panel and click I think Action Center or Windows Updates under System and Security once you open Control panel interface. And then schedule it. You can't disable it I don't think but if you really don't want it just learn to reschedule far away till you figure out how to disable.

(Original post by ihatePE)
Some ppl say it ****s with their stuff, settings, files...

(Original post by Leviathan1741)
I was forced to download Windows 10 too, it started downloading automatically even though I said no. I don't mind it too much because it kept all my files and folders etc the same, but it has taken a while to get used to the new design and layout!
You didn't have to lol I have been rescheduling it since it popped up
username2387497
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Corrected
Nooo! Windows 8 is better!
7 was perfectly fine but was just a bit boring really.
Thats why i like 8 better, its more stylish
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is the end of an amaing era of windows 7
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (5)
14.29%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (11)
31.43%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (2)
5.71%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (4)
11.43%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (1)
2.86%
I think it's an unfair expectation (11)
31.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads