Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Movies But No Music, or Music But No Movies? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Saw this in one of those annoying vogue videos on YouTube and thought about which scenario I would pick, it baffled me slightly as I realised how much I love both. But I'd probably have to say music, I adore film but music is so fundamental, plus think about it, the music in films can make them a bazillion times better!
    What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    Completely agree, I'd be nowhere without music tbh it's so therapeutic and just listening to it has helped me through so much.

Also, I listen to music far more than I watch films which is unsurprising so it only makes sense to choose music

ReputationRep:
    Music

Because I can still watch TV shows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx)
    Completely agree, I'd be nowhere without music tbh it's so therapeutic and just listening to it has helped me through so much.

Also, I listen to music far more than I watch films which is unsurprising so it only makes sense to choose music
    Exactly, there's just more music too. Plus I don't know if this makes complete sense but I feel like you as the watcher/listener have more 'control' when it comes to music, because you can apply it to your own life and its simple and sometimes vague which is nice. Whereas a movie is a story that is just given to you in the way the filmmaker wants it to be (I know there can always be some room for interpretation, but in comparison to music and for the point of argument lest leave it at that) and you don't have the same freedom in how you enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the interviewee saying they would pick movies, but then again I think she was an actress so maybe she would just want to protect her source of income.. Priorities right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    Music

Because I can still watch TV shows
    True, but come on film and tv are very different.

ReputationRep:
    Music without a moment's thought

ReputationRep:
    MUSIC!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    It depends what else was available. What about TV?

Stretching it again I can see the following groups

Music, TV and film, phone, books, internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    It depends what else was available. What about TV?

Stretching it again I can see the following groups

Music, TV and film, phone, books, internet.
    Tricky, because I'd feel most inclined to say Internet and phone (assuming you're intending for someone to pick), however it would be far easier said than done seeing as society practically revolves around these things. But also I wouldn't say that I would want to remove these things from society on the whole, obviously.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Wimsett)
    Tricky, because I'd feel most inclined to say Internet and phone (assuming you're intending for someone to pick), however it would be far easier said than done seeing as society practically revolves around these things. But also I wouldn't say that I would want to remove these things from society on the whole, obviously.
    You should have a poll or make people pick one or two.
    I think internet would come first for me..

ReputationRep:
    Music!

I rarely watch films so there's no point in choosing that option.
    Music is awesome!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.