Turn on thread page Beta

OK guys i need some help...well good advice..........
    the good news is iv been accepted by my university....i got Chemistry [B] Computing [B] Biology [C]

The Biology was shiitttttttttttty....im starting to think whether their is some dodgy business going on........

ok well heres my results...

BYA1 74/105 B
    BYA2 76/105 B
    BYA4 72/90 A
    BYA5 67/90 B
    BYA6 79/90 A
    BYA8 39/120 U

The last module consists of a Coursework unit and a written paper. The results seem really strange...and im realy pissed of about that...although i got into my university...i wanted a B for Biology not as a stepping stone to university but coz i wanted it from the heart....i worked reallly hard for it all..and the last module getting a U!!! Dats my first ever U! Can someone give me some advice please.....

ReputationRep:
    This grade is unusual compared to the others. Could be in need of a remark. Could be well worth the effort. They may have combined the paper/coursework marks incorrectly or ignored one of the totally. Get on to your school. Even if it is right a remark is pretty cheap. You know it makes sense.

(Original post by mensandan)
    This grade is unusual compared to the others. Could be in need of a remark. Could be well worth the effort. They may have combined the paper/coursework marks incorrectly or ignored one of the totally. Get on to your school. Even if it is right a remark is pretty cheap. You know it makes sense.
    yes even if lose the 39 marks from that module i still got a C overall...im gona investigate this properly inside out....i got the individual marks from one of my teachers but im not at all happy....its a poor result...

help!!! PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar situation. I got the following results for German:

GR1 91/105 (A)
    GR2 75/90 (A)
    GR3 95/105 (A)
    GR4 92/105 (A)
    GR5 40/90 (E)
    GR6 76/105 (B)

and am very disappointed to say the least, especially as my E grade for unit 5 prevented me from getting an A overall. I think you should definitely appeal. I am thinking of doing so myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowei)
    I'm in a similar situation. I got the following results for German:

GR1 91/105 (A)
    GR2 75/90 (A)
    GR3 95/105 (A)
    GR4 92/105 (A)
    GR5 40/90 (E)
    GR6 76/105 (B)

and am very disappointed to say the least, especially as my E grade for unit 5 prevented me from getting an A overall. I think you should definitely appeal. I am thinking of doing so myself.
    even if you got GR5 remarked and got full marks you'd still be 1 mark off an A. You need to remark/resit at least 2 units to get your grade up to an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sPhil...)
    even if you got GR5 remarked and got full marks you'd still be 1 mark off an A. You need to remark/resit at least 2 units to get your grade up to an A
    No I wouldn't. You need at least 480/600 for an A, not 520/600 as you're suggesting. Overall I got 469/600, so surely I only need 11 marks for an A...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cool Dude)
    OK guys i need some help...well good advice..........
    the good news is iv been accepted by my university....i got Chemistry [B] Computing [B] Biology [C]

The Biology was shiitttttttttttty....im starting to think whether their is some dodgy business going on........

ok well heres my results...

BYA1 74/105 B
    BYA2 76/105 B
    BYA4 72/90 A
    BYA5 67/90 B
    BYA6 79/90 A
    BYA8 39/120 U

The last module consists of a Coursework unit and a written paper. The results seem really strange...and im realy pissed of about that...although i got into my university...i wanted a B for Biology not as a stepping stone to university but coz i wanted it from the heart....i worked reallly hard for it all..and the last module getting a U!!! Dats my first ever U! Can someone give me some advice please.....

oh dont complain! why worry...you could be in my shoes

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    oh dont complain! why worry...you could be in my shoes

love Katy ***
    What did you get, Katy?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.