The Student Room Group

Didn't apply for Uni, Dont have an apprenticeship, Haven't got a job...HELP!

I feel like everything has passed by so quickly!
I couldn't decide what I wanted to do so I didn't apply for uni because i didn't want to waste money on a degree that i wasn't going to use.
I applied for several random apprenticeships and failed at the interviews
WHAT CAN I DO?!?!
Original post by Het98
I couldn't decide what I wanted to do so I didn't apply for uni because i didn't want to waste money on a degree that i wasn't going to use.
WHAT CAN I DO?!?!

Get some volunteering under your belt and then look for a job whilst you decide what you want to do in the future :smile:
You're wise to consider the financial implications of going to university, they are very steep these days. Ultimately I would suggest doing something is better than doing nothing.

Try to figure out something you would like to do with yourself (maybe seek out some careers advice) and try to get onto a path that will lead you there. In the meantime I suggest getting any sort of job you can - possibly even voluntary work - as it is always easier to get onto other opportunities from a position of work. It will also mean you don't have 6 months or more of time on your CV where you were doing nothing.

You are presumably 18, so I really wouldn't panic, you've got your whole life ahead of you. Plenty of people take gap years and resit exams etc. around now. It doesn't harm them and won't harm you.
Original post by Het98
WHAT CAN I DO?!?!

Clearing, clearing, clearing... Should be easy with all the promos that TSR throws in your face.

You really shouldn't worry about the money for university because you don't have to pay it back until you earn £21,000 annually. That is, if you don't drop out.

So whatever you do, just stick with it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending