M1 Edexcel June 2016 Post Exam Discussion

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how did everyone find it?

The vector question on 7 was a tricky one!

I got 5(route2)/2 for it which was something like 3.54 rounded (7 mark question)

Also what did you guys get for the force exerted on the scale pan by the brick? I used R - 0.5g = 0.5a and got something like 5.15N because it said on the scale pan by the brick, in previous exams it said on the woman by the lift and used the womans mass so i hope the same applied here! At first I said R - 1.5g = 1.5a but I remembered the past exam questions

Last thing i found a bit tricky was the direction on the very last question. I said it acted downwards, anyone else say the same? (for 2Tcos45)

ReputationRep:
    First part of question 7? Its 5/2. Sorry. How did you find the direction difficult? It's 2 equal forces acting along perpendicular vectors. Ito just pythagoras and then common sense to get 45'.

ReputationRep:
    Only tricky question was the particle P hitting the wall, find the impulse. Other than that, the paper was pretty straight forward

ReputationRep:
    I completely guessed 7a) F=2.5i and forgot to write j component. Showed hardly any working. How many marks could i get?

ReputationRep:
    P hitting the wall was a piece of piss. 7 marks in about 3 lines. Energy methods....

ReputationRep:
    i got 5.15N but others seem to have done it on the car and got 15 something?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay Fearn)
    Hey guys, how did everyone find it?

The vector question on 7 was a tricky one!

I got 5(route2)/2 for it which was something like 3.54 rounded (7 mark question)

Also what did you guys get for the force exerted on the scale pan by the brick? I used R - 0.5g = 0.5a and got something like 5.15N because it said on the scale pan by the brick, in previous exams it said on the woman by the lift and used the womans mass so i hope the same applied here! At first I said R - 1.5g = 1.5a but I remembered the past exam questions

Last thing i found a bit tricky was the direction on the very last question. I said it acted downwards, anyone else say the same? (for 2Tcos45)
    for the last question did u have to mention the direction as i dont think it asked u to did it?
    and yeah i got 5.,15 but everyone got 15.5

ReputationRep:
    I hated Q3. And dis anyone get 0.9 for the coefficient of friction in Q4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timizorzom)
    M8 the exam was in June 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imaginary-Tiger)
    M8 the exam was in June 😂😂
    Hmm. I thought i posted that in june. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timizorzom)
    Bit late.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.