Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. Best of luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbailey)
    Fair enough. Best of luck to you!
    Thanks! Ive finished them now, just waiting for the results on the 19th of August.

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking 3 A-levels. In year 13, I will have A-level ICT, Computing, and Geography and AS Business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    Thanks! Ive finished them now, just waiting for the results on the 19th of August.
    What and where will you be studying, if all goes well exam-wise?

ReputationRep:
    5: Biology, Physics, Math (P1-3 M1-3), Further Math (P4-6 M4-6) and Modern Arabic. I'm also taking Thinking Skills, but I'm not counting it.

ReputationRep:
    What and where will you be studying, if all goes well exam-wise?
    If all goes well, then Natural Sciences at Durham (Castle).

A2 = Physics, Computing, Design Technology (Product Design/Resistant Materials), Maths, Further Maths
    AS = Extra Maths, Critical Thinking.
    Maths Modules = P1 to P6, M1 to M6, S1, D1, and D2.

ReputationRep:
    At the moment, three...

*German
    *Human biolgoy
    *History

ReputationRep:
    Ha Ha - Who does 10?I'll be doing 5 AS-Levels, and whether I cut this number down will be up to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    I hope no one's actually counting General Studies :rolleyes:
    I am - it looks so fun.

ReputationRep:
    Oops, I thought it was just A Levels. I did 3 A Levels and 1 AS.

ReputationRep:
    general studies does not count as an A level PAH!

ReputationRep:
    Ah ha, I thought the huge number of people doing 5 A-levels look rather inflated and fake. It's more of an ego boost than anything else, in my opinion...

Critical Thinking > General Studies anyday.
    Ah but for Critical Thinking you have to revise? Hehe, what would I know, I mean I haven't taken anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    Ah ha, I thought the huge number of people doing 5 A-levels look rather inflated and fake. It's more of an ego boost than anything else, in my opinion...

Critical Thinking > General Studies anyday.
    :P I've chosen to do 5 because I really like them all and couldn't decided between them. Also I can drop one if it gets too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    YES!

Ive put 6, but its 2 AS's and 5 A2's. (Counting AS's as half)
    AS+AS does not equal A2, you fool, so don't try to say that General Studies doesn't count, when you yourself are cheating. ******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Ah but for Critical Thinking you have to revise? Hehe, what would I know, I mean I haven't taken anything yet.
    You don't have to revise for Critical Thinking. The difference is it seems to be harder to get an A in than General Studies. People in my school did quite badly - only two As, with a lot of clever people getting Cs and below. I don't understand why but those are the facts (for my school at least).

ReputationRep:
    So something like Further Maths AS + Chemistry AS would still be considerered less than Accounting A2, in your opinion?

Interesting.
    They aren't comparable for god's sake. You might as well have said "what would you rather eat, an orange or a car exhaust?"

ReputationRep:
    My comment was perfectly justified. You made it quite clear that any combination of two ASs could not possibly be as good as one A2.

What's gotten into you these days, Mouse? Chill. Do you have to spend your entire time so completely irate?
    No I didn't. I made no reference to values other than that it is incorrect to state that two AS levels make up an A2 level. It may be better to have Chemistry and Further Maths AS than it is to have Accounting A2, but only Accounting A2 is worth the "A Level status". You can't pretend to have an extra A Level if all you've really got is two AS levels. So stop putting words into my mouth.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not...

...I simply chose to interpret your comment a different way.

'The value of 2 ASs does not equal an A2.'

Anyhoo, why're you so mad at the world?
    Whatever.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to revise for Critical Thinking. The difference is it seems to be harder to get an A in than General Studies. People in my school did quite badly - only two As, with a lot of clever people getting Cs and below. I don't understand why but those are the facts (for my school at least).
    Ah, I see I was considering taking it as an extra to my main 3 AS-levels but decided on something else seeing as it can only be taken to AS? I also thought it may be quite risky, seeing as you and other people said it's not the easiest subject to get the top grades.

ReputationRep:
    i did 4A2s and 2ASs but put 4 on the poll

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.