Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anti-Zionists are constantly telling us what is wrong with the present situation. I agree partly; I want the occupation of the West Bank to end on similar terms to Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip, South Lebanon and the Sinai (all places Israel traded land for peace or from which they unilaterally withdrew).

But what is your proposal? Do you think an 18 year old Israeli whose family has always lived in Israel but purchased land from the state post-48 should be turned into refugee to make way, for example, for an 18 year old Palestinian descendant of the "Nakba" who lives in London and whose parents were born in London?

There are fewer and fewer people who were alive in 1948. I don't see how the anti-Zionists can claim the latter has a better claim than the former without equally asserting that Poles who live on property formerly inhabited by ethnic Germans pre-1945 in parts of Germany that are now part of Poland should also be turned into refugees (and the same again for the catastrophe when India and Pakistan became independent in 1947, and millions of people were displaced).

I would like to know what the anti-Zionists propose should be done to the 6 million Jews who live in Israel now if they have their dream of a Hamas/PA controlled state?

ReputationRep:
    It is like this.

What the Jews want their own people, they want the opposite for us.

How can I be a Zionist when the Jews are not a friend of our people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TsrUser#69)
    It is like this.

Who exactly are your people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TsrUser#69)
    It is like this.

Ah yes, the usual far right nutjob stuff about "the Joos" being behind everything from immigration and multiculturalism to wars and political corruption.

What do you mean "our people"? There are 250,000 Jews who are "my people" (my fellow UK citizens. Another 110,000 if I include my dual Australian nationality).

If anything, at worst you would not be considered "my people". The sort of people who would have sided with the Nazis in World War 2, traitors and collaborators, the sort of people we hanged for treason... from that perspective you could barely be considered "our people".

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.