Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I was just wondering how strict are Exeter with their entry requirements? I'm an international student who has an offer of ABB for BA Sociology with predicted grades AAC. I was shocked by the offer considering I have one grade below the requirement. So far my exams have been relatively alright. I think I have a shot of getting A's for Sociology and history, however I think I might get a C for maths I was wondering if I were to get between AAC-ABC for my grades, what's the likelihood of getting a rejection? I'm planning on working my butt off for my last few maths exams but hypothetically if i were to achieve a C, would that make an automatic rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleyschia)
    Hi! I was just wondering how strict are Exeter with their entry requirements? I'm an international student who has an offer of ABB for BA Sociology with predicted grades AAC. I was shocked by the offer considering I have one grade below the requirement. So far my exams have been relatively alright. I think I have a shot of getting A's for Sociology and history, however I think I might get a C for maths I was wondering if I were to get between AAC-ABC for my grades, what's the likelihood of getting a rejection? I'm planning on working my butt off for my last few maths exams but hypothetically if i were to achieve a C, would that make an automatic rejection?
    Nobody here can give you anything even vaguely like an accurate answer.

There is absolutely no way of knowing how likely you are to get in if you miss your offer, even if it's by a very narrow margin.

Whether or not Exeter accept anybody who has missed their offer depends entirely on how many students for that course met their offer. If enough students got the required grades to fill the course completely then nobody will get in with a missed offer, even if it's just missed by a single grade, however if there are still spaces on the course after all of those students who got the grades have accepted their place then a small number of those who missed their offers will be offered a place.

It changes each and every year, there is no way of knowing what will happen each year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.