Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, we need to find the cause of some of the problems with Society. Problems like Crime, Racism, Bullying and many others. Let's start with Crime due to this effecting many people lives every where in the world. There are financial crimes, physical crimes and emotional crimes, to name a few?

To start with let's look at financial crime. For example, somebody robbing another person and could also include physical crime maybe.

Why did this person need to mug somebody? Usually or almost always because the person needed money, of course. They could need money for food, clothes, drugs or anything I guess. So basically there is a reason for this crime. The first thing we should want to know is why did this person commit this crime. Only then can we try to put things in place to stop it happening again. One way to stop this person from mugging anybody else is to put them into prison! Another way would be to give this person regular food if that's what they need. If it was drugs then we could give them regular drugs? (or ideally get them off drugs) many people won't agree that we should give this person regular drugs I guess?

Both Food and Drugs can be grown freely - i.e. they do not cost anything or much at all except a little work and the right conditions.

Would this particular crime have been committed if this person had what he needed in the first place?

I understand with drugs, other problems ie health problems might occur or a person under the influence of drugs might become abusive or crazy.. and this would also need a separate solution.

What about a person or group of people who rob a bank? This crime again has a reason behind it. So what is the reason would be my first question. Did this person or group of people need a certain amount of money for a particular reason. This could be that these people simply wanted a life of luxury, like most people. They thought instead of working for it.. let's just take it!

So is there a solution to this? Not an easy solution unfortunately except maybe change the whole financial system or abolish it altogether. Or make a foolproof system of banking that can not be robbed!

I would say that Financial crimes are probably the most common in the world. This leads me to think that the financial systems in place are not working too well? OR we have a lot of greedy people!

I will leave it here for now because this post is getting long.. and hopefully with some discussion it can be continued and a solution can be debated and eventually agreed.. and we can together solve the worlds problems :P

ReputationRep:
    These issues have existed so long as humanity has, what makes you think they can be solved?

ReputationRep:
    Too little too late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)
    Firstly, we need to find the cause of some of the problems with Society. Problems like Crime, Racism, Bullying and many others. Let's start with Crime due to this effecting many people lives every where in the world. There are financial crimes, physical crimes and emotional crimes, to name a few?

To start with let's look at financial crime. For example, somebody robbing another person and could also include physical crime maybe.

Why did this person need to mug somebody? Usually or almost always because the person needed money, of course. They could need money for food, clothes, drugs or anything I guess. So basically there is a reason for this crime. The first thing we should want to know is why did this person commit this crime. Only then can we try to put things in place to stop it happening again. One way to stop this person from mugging anybody else is to put them into prison! Another way would be to give this person regular food if that's what they need. If it was drugs then we could give them regular drugs? (or ideally get them off drugs) many people won't agree that we should give this person regular drugs I guess?

Both Food and Drugs can be grown freely - i.e. they do not cost anything or much at all except a little work and the right conditions.

Would this particular crime have been committed if this person had what he needed in the first place?

I understand with drugs, other problems ie health problems might occur or a person under the influence of drugs might become abusive or crazy.. and this would also need a separate solution.

What about a person or group of people who rob a bank? This crime again has a reason behind it. So what is the reason would be my first question. Did this person or group of people need a certain amount of money for a particular reason. This could be that these people simply wanted a life of luxury, like most people. They thought instead of working for it.. let's just take it!

So is there a solution to this? Not an easy solution unfortunately except maybe change the whole financial system or abolish it altogether. Or make a foolproof system of banking that can not be robbed!

I would say that Financial crimes are probably the most common in the world. This leads me to think that the financial systems in place are not working too well? OR we have a lot of greedy people!

I will leave it here for now because this post is getting long.. and hopefully with some discussion it can be continued and a solution can be debated and eventually agreed.. and we can together solve the worlds problems :P
    These problems are what makes us human, otherwise we would have been perfect boring machines

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 43
Size:  23.3 KB

I believe this should work.

ReputationRep:
    It is the attitude of the above comments stating it's too late, or it's always been this way it can't be fixed that is why it will never happen.

I like the last post with the engineering image

Now I am an optimist and anything is possible, so of course it CAN be fixed! It would just take a lot of people to make it happen and it would be a slow process.

To fix some of these issues, we need to remove or review the cause of the problem.. the financial system. We can't change human nature unfortunately.

Which leads me to my next point... coming soon

ReputationRep:
    Get rid of central banks

ReputationRep:
    Yes I agree with this.. central banks in my belief control the people who control the country. It gives too much financial power to few people in every country and if it is to be believed the Rothschild Family own many of these central banks, but that is speculation of course. It is also rumored that only a few central banks are yet to be controlled.. namely Iran, Syria, North Korea to name a few!!
    (Original post by TrueDetective01)
    Get rid of central banks

ReputationRep:
    Racism does unfortunately exist and I know people on social media who will say nasty things about Pakistanis, for example. No reason in particular except this is how he feels about them!! I would say he feels this way for a number of reasons:
    1) The area we live seems to be a destination of choice for many Pakistan families and certain areas are very much converted to all Pakistan territory.. so feels like a takeover with some pubs in those areas closing for example.
    2) With point number 1 happening over the course of 20 years or so with an increase year on year.. the majority of these families make no effort to integrate into the community and they congregate together in their own groups.. some parks have times when certain people can go on and play! In comparison many Indian families have moved into the area and they are happy to integrate etc and they are very friendly and polite etc.. we don't seem to get this same respect from most Pakistan families. Although I am sure it works both ways..
    3) The main stream media make things worse by constantly bashing Islam and liking this to Extremism etc.. 9/11 was a major event that made Muslims look evil etc... goes without saying really the amount of hatred this caused and how it divided both races and religion.
    4) He's a bit of a lads lad and might say these things for attention on FB
    5) His dad was very much the same.. so it seems it was much worse years ago.. when it was ok to broadcast obvious racism!!

There are more reasons but this is enough. At the end of the day it needs to simply go away.. but some people will never change the way they are hopefully educating children to be more accepting of other cultures and believes will help.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I agree with this.. central banks in my belief control the people who control the country. It gives too much financial power to few people in every country and if it is to be believed the Rothschild Family own many of these central banks, but that is speculation of course. It is also rumored that only a few central banks are yet to be controlled.. namely Iran, Syria, North Korea to name a few!!
    Bitcoin and other alt-coins will eventually (hopefully in the future) render central banks useless

ReputationRep:
    Yes I agree these virtual coins could be the downfall of fiat currency for sure. At the end of the day MOST of the money in circulation today or floating in cyberspace isn't actually backed by anything of value! The Dollar used to be backed with gold.. due to gold being valuable of course and much in supply. It is now backed by Oil hence the PetroDollar. Energy will always have value as long as we use fossil fuels or expensive methods to create it. When energy become cheaper or free.. ie renewable energy in the form of Solar Energy for example.. or perpetual energy would be ideal.. although the possibility is debatable.

So much of the money people have in their bank accounts are simply backed by nothing and are just a number on a computer screen! The same can be said with BitCoin etc.. Nothing of physical value actually supports the money!

(Original post by TrueDetective01)
    Bitcoin and other alt-coins will eventually (hopefully in the future) render central banks useless

ReputationRep:
    Yes I agree these virtual coins could be the downfall of fiat currency for sure. At the end of the day MOST of the money in circulation today or floating in cyberspace isn't actually backed by anything of value! The Dollar used to be backed with gold.. due to gold being valuable of course and much in supply. It is now backed by Oil hence the PetroDollar. Energy will always have value as long as we use fossil fuels or expensive methods to create it. When energy become cheaper or free.. ie renewable energy in the form of Solar Energy for example.. or perpetual energy would be ideal.. although the possibility is debatable.

So much of the money people have in their bank accounts are simply backed by nothing and are just a number on a computer screen! The same can be said with BitCoin etc.. Nothing of physical value actually supports the money!
    Hence I try to invest in fine metals or properties whenever I can :P. Paper money(or the number on the computer screen) holds no value to me at all but inanimate objects do.

I have yet to dabble in stocks and shares but that's for another time. And, fiat currency is just a giant ponzi scheme that people really needs to be aware off

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.