white_o
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I was just wondering in NMR questions, when it says something like, 'the peak at 3.4 would normally be expected 1 to the right at 2.4', whether this has any relevance to the question?

Also I'm really struggling with C13 and H1 NMR in general so can anyone give me any tips with these, mainly on finding the overall structure at the end D:

Thanks!
charco
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by white_o)
Hi, I was just wondering in NMR questions, when it says something like, 'the peak at 3.4 would normally be expected 1 to the right at 2.4', whether this has any relevance to the question?

Also I'm really struggling with C13 and H1 NMR in general so can anyone give me any tips with these, mainly on finding the overall structure at the end D:

Thanks!
It's so that its position does not throw you off. It's to help you.

Imagine that you have a table of chemical shfts and you use it to decide what your protons could be due to, but the shift does not fit. You would discard a possible clue.

Tips for NMR. Check out this interactive guide on 1H NMR Spectroscopy
white_o
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by charco)
It's so that its position does not throw you off. It's to help you.

Imagine that you have a table of chemical shfts and you use it to decide what your protons could be due to, but the shift does not fit. You would discard a possible clue.

Tips for NMR. Check out this interactive guide on 1H NMR Spectroscopy
Ahh okay, thanks and I'll have a loook at that, thanks a lot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (21)
30.88%
No (47)
69.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed