Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't tell if he's interested or not... watch

Hey guys. I met a guy a month ago. He would go out of his way to talk to me and he was always quite flirty when I saw him at his workplace.

Long story short - the last time I saw him he gave me his twitter name. We messaged each other for a couple days and then he asked for my number (During this time I was still uncertain if he was into me). We didn't talk for about a week and I told myself I wasn't going to bother since I clearly had it all wrong.

At the beginning of the week he commented on one of my snaps (It wasn't something that needed a response, so I didn't attempt to make conversation). Then the next day I made a joke about his snap. He replied back asking how I was. He continued the conversation asking if I had kids, what kinda films I liked etc. Until he didn't reply... The next day he texted me apologising for falling asleep.

I hinted about wanting to go out to enjoy the weather, he plugged me a bit to see where I wanted to go. He suggested we went out, so we sorted out all the details and met up. As he approached me he told me I looked really nice and hugged me. Within the first minute the conversation just flowed between us, we wandered around town a bit, then we sat and talked for hours.

I felt like I had known him for years. I am kinda shy but with him I was comfortable in his presence. He asked if I was in a relationship and if I wanted kids and get married. I didn't get around to asking him any of these questions because he would randomly bring it up. He said he's always in a relationship and feels it would be better if he was in one when he is in a better place.

He told me he wanted 5 kids and at had a little debate about whether or not marriage was worth it (to be honest I felt like he was testing me here). We talked about everything under the sun however he didn't really give much away. He would tell stories and say '' if we were on a date xyz would happen ''. When we spoke about a film he said we'd watch it next time.

When I mentioned being hungry I thought he would use it as an opportunity to go our separate ways - instead he suggested we went somewhere to eat. Afterwards he asked where we were going next (as if we hadn't already spent the whole day together - it was cute). I reminded him about an errand he had to run. I waited with him for his bus, the bus was out of service and he said I might Aswell wait longer with him. Then another bus arrived and I noticed he kept glancing back at me as I walked away.

When I arrived home I texted him to say I enjoyed myself and he was glad I felt the same. Since then he has texted me to say the usual. I'm just so uncertain if he likes me or not. What do you think??

I

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys. I met a guy a month ago. He would go out of his way to talk to me and he was always quite flirty when I saw him at his workplace.

Long story short - the last time I saw him he gave me his twitter name. We messaged each other for a couple days and then he asked for my number (During this time I was still uncertain if he was into me). We didn't talk for about a week and I told myself I wasn't going to bother since I clearly had it all wrong.

At the beginning of the week he commented on one of my snaps (It wasn't something that needed a response, so I didn't attempt to make conversation). Then the next day I made a joke about his snap. He replied back asking how I was. He continued the conversation asking if I had kids, what kinda films I liked etc. Until he didn't reply... The next day he texted me apologising for falling asleep.

I hinted about wanting to go out to enjoy the weather, he plugged me a bit to see where I wanted to go. He suggested we went out, so we sorted out all the details and met up. As he approached me he told me I looked really nice and hugged me. Within the first minute the conversation just flowed between us, we wandered around town a bit, then we sat and talked for hours.

I felt like I had known him for years. I am kinda shy but with him I was comfortable in his presence. He asked if I was in a relationship and if I wanted kids and get married. I didn't get around to asking him any of these questions because he would randomly bring it up. He said he's always in a relationship and feels it would be better if he was in one when he is in a better place.

He told me he wanted 5 kids and at had a little debate about whether or not marriage was worth it (to be honest I felt like he was testing me here). We talked about everything under the sun however he didn't really give much away. He would tell stories and say '' if we were on a date xyz would happen ''. When we spoke about a film he said we'd watch it next time.

When I mentioned being hungry I thought he would use it as an opportunity to go our separate ways - instead he suggested we went somewhere to eat. Afterwards he asked where we were going next (as if we hadn't already spent the whole day together - it was cute). I reminded him about an errand he had to run. I waited with him for his bus, the bus was out of service and he said I might Aswell wait longer with him. Then another bus arrived and I noticed he kept glancing back at me as I walked away.

When I arrived home I texted him to say I enjoyed myself and he was glad I felt the same. Since then he has texted me to say the usual. I'm just so uncertain if he likes me or not. What do you think??
    He is totally into you imo. Only thing that gives me a bit of doubt is when he said he's always in a relationship. Maybe he wants to be in a proper relationship with someone and maybe that someone is you. I'm surprised as to why you're doubting though, 99.9% of what you wrote indicates that he likes you AFAICT. I'd say that you should go out on a few more dates and see where it goes. Just try to gauge whether he wants to have a proper relationship though

ReputationRep:
    He's not rushing into it, not pressuring you so just arrange a drink or food. Or a trip to the cinema

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
    He's not rushing into it, not pressuring you so just arrange a drink or food. Or a trip to the cinema

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmm. That's fair enough. Just gotta check we are on the same page at least.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I

He is totally into you imo. Only thing that gives me a bit of doubt is when he said he's always in a relationship. Maybe he wants to be in a proper relationship with someone and maybe that someone is you. I'm surprised as to why you're doubting though, 99.9% of what you wrote indicates that he likes you AFAICT. I'd say that you should go out on a few more dates and see where it goes. Just try to gauge whether he wants to have a proper relationship though
    I couldn't tell if he was just really friendly. Leading up to the ''date'' I thought he was just being polite when talking to me. On the day I wondered if he was just killing time or something lol. He gives nothing away.

I get the impression his last relationship didn't end well because of our debate about marriage. He said women do crazy things in the heat of the moment and he thought a women would automatically want half of everything. He did however keep saying ''when I get married '' which I teased him about.

I definetly need to flat out tell him that I am looking for something serious incase he only wants something casual. Thank you..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.