The Student Room Group

GCSE GEOGRAPHY HUMAN 8/6/2016 How did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamie Vardy
Who got fooled and wrote about the One Child Policy for the 8 marker (Population)?

What do you mean "who got fooled"?
Reply 101
Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
LOL. I wrote about Agriculture Change as in the soil and crops were affected. I'm probably wrong :/

You're probably right to be fair... The definition on the internet is a change in agriculture (believe it or not!!) :/
Who got fooled and wrote about the One Child Policy for the 8 marker (Population)?

Banter
Original post by barney.jones123
Banter

Original post by *JustARandomGuy*
What do you mean "who got fooled"?

No guys he's right, I realised this and wrote about the 2 child policy. It implied current state of affairs rather than the past. I guess its just AQA being AQA...
CGP geography textbook, with the exact phrases "maintaining tourism" and "reducing negative impacts" as were used in the case study question today
They should allow other case studies as long as it's relevant to those points
Original post by 1jonam16
No guys he's right, I realised this and wrote about the 2 child policy. It implied current state of affairs rather than the past. I guess its just AQA being AQA...

If that's true then i'm ****ed... Like that paper did not go well for me. No chance of a B if I wrote about that. I was going to do Kerala but I knew 3x as much for China than Kerala.
Original post by TappoWappoS
I did the Galapagos Islands too, but so many people have put Jamaica or Kenya

Do you think the Galapagos islands will be okay. I don't care whether I get slightly reduced marks as long as it is credible in some way.
Original post by EmmaC_
You're probably right to be fair... The definition on the internet is a change in agriculture (believe it or not!!) :/

no it said "agriculture" change and thus the country was transitioning from agriculture to industry therefore the population would decrease

Whats there to get fooled for?Everyone in school did it,and my teacher said it was okay.
It said country tho and Kerala isn't a country?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1jonam16

Nah my teacher said 1 child policy is okay to do.
Reply 111
Original post by Ollie5116
CGP geography textbook, with the exact phrases "maintaining tourism" and "reducing negative impacts" as were used in the case study question today
They should allow other case studies as long as it's relevant to those points

Oh shoot.. I wrote how they maintained income by the reducing the negative effects.. E.g the horseback safari will maintain the income because the safaris are one of the most popular activities in Kenya
Original post by Blancosdos
Whats there to get fooled for?Everyone in school did it,and my teacher said it was okay.

Unfortunately the question was to do with a non birth control policy.
Original post by EmmaC_
Oh shoot.. I wrote how they maintained income by the reducing the negative effects.. E.g the horseback safari will maintain the income because the safaris are one of the most popular activities in Kenya

Yeah you will get marks for that because that's a type of method to reduce the negative effects (safari vehicles destroying vegetation).

I don't think it specified birth or non-birth. It just said a case study for managing population growth.
Original post by Cluster1
It said country tho and Kerala isn't a country?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's in India.
Reply 116
Original post by Oblivion99
no it said "agriculture" change and thus the country was transitioning from agriculture to industry therefore the population would decrease

Wait so the population would decrease because the birth rate would decrease as the need for children is less because they aren't able to work in factories or will only get a small income be one then?!?!
Original post by EmmaC_

Pretty sure that should be alright, as long as you make a few points like that
It's in India.

Well obviously it has to be in a country.. However the whole of India did not adopt the policy

Posted from TSR Mobile

WHO said?Did it specify a "non birth" in the question?No it didn't.Stop creating misinformation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending