Tourism case study Watch

Coffee25
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What was the tourism case study? I did Kenya for mass tourism but a lot of people did the golapagos island for Eco tourism..
harry42
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believe it was Kenya. As ecotourism has no major negative effects as such. Also, the spec requires stratergies for mass tourism but nothing is mentioned for ecotourism - only positive effects and sustainable development. Also, it was part (d) i believe which was all mass tourism
A_Tesco_Manager
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Coffee25)
What was the tourism case study? I did Kenya for mass tourism but a lot of people did the golapagos island for Eco tourism..
I did the galapagos islands, it was a tropical area so i believe that Kenya, Galapagos and Brazil were all fine to use
mxskaan
Badges: 11
Report 2 years ago
I did mass tourism too but everyone has done ecotourism at my school idek it was such a weirdly worded question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
A_Tesco_Manager
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by harry42)
I believe it was Kenya. As ecotourism has no major negative effects as such. Also, the spec requires stratergies for mass tourism but nothing is mentioned for ecotourism - only positive effects and sustainable development. Also, it was part (d) i believe which was all mass tourism
I wouldnt quite call Kenya Tropical, but it said how does it maintain an income whilst reduxing the negative effects. For example, 10/16 people are only aloowed on a small boat to the Galapogos islands, these bring money to the local economy whilst also reduce carbon emissions as its only a small boat
vincentvangogh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
kenya is a tropical country; it has a tropical climate
joshb714
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Our teachers told us that we had to do the mass tourism case study because ecotourism strategies isn't even on the spec but a lot of people have put Galapogas Islands. Questions fault really worded very weird and misleading.
harry42
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by A_Tesco_Manager)
I wouldnt quite call Kenya Tropical, but it said how does it maintain an income whilst reduxing the negative effects. For example, 10/16 people are only aloowed on a small boat to the Galapogos islands, these bring money to the local economy whilst also reduce carbon emissions as its only a small boat
Kenya is a country in the tropics - it is in the AQA textbook for "a case study in the tropics"
A_Tesco_Manager
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A_Tesco_Manager
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Kenya is a country in the tropics - it is in the AQA textbook for "a case study in the tropics"
Tha Galapogos islands is equally tropical though, so i dont understand why they wouldnt accept it
torro1704
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is jamaica a tropical country?
A_Tesco_Manager
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by torro1704)
Is jamaica a tropical country?
Yeah, i should of used that , but i did what the question asked me too, i believe any area in the tropics is fine , it didnt make specific reference to it being eco or mass
JCwizard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It couldn't have been an eco tourism as it asked for an established resort. Eco tourism resorts have only been around for a few years due to the increased awareness of global warming, climate change etc
joshb714
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JCwizard)
It couldn't have been an eco tourism as it asked for an established resort. Eco tourism resorts have only been around for a few years due to the increased awareness of global warming, climate change etc
well noticed, i think you're right with that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (33)
11.15%
I used to but I don't now (10)
3.38%
No, but I want to start (110)
37.16%
No, I am unable to (64)
21.62%
No, I chose not to (79)
26.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise