Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What was the tourism case study? I did Kenya for mass tourism but a lot of people did the golapagos island for Eco tourism..

ReputationRep:
    I believe it was Kenya. As ecotourism has no major negative effects as such. Also, the spec requires stratergies for mass tourism but nothing is mentioned for ecotourism - only positive effects and sustainable development. Also, it was part (d) i believe which was all mass tourism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coffee25)
    What was the tourism case study? I did Kenya for mass tourism but a lot of people did the golapagos island for Eco tourism..
    I did the galapagos islands, it was a tropical area so i believe that Kenya, Galapagos and Brazil were all fine to use

I did mass tourism too but everyone has done ecotourism at my school idek it was such a weirdly worded question!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry42)
    I believe it was Kenya. As ecotourism has no major negative effects as such. Also, the spec requires stratergies for mass tourism but nothing is mentioned for ecotourism - only positive effects and sustainable development. Also, it was part (d) i believe which was all mass tourism
    I wouldnt quite call Kenya Tropical, but it said how does it maintain an income whilst reduxing the negative effects. For example, 10/16 people are only aloowed on a small boat to the Galapogos islands, these bring money to the local economy whilst also reduce carbon emissions as its only a small boat

ReputationRep:
    kenya is a tropical country; it has a tropical climate

ReputationRep:
    Our teachers told us that we had to do the mass tourism case study because ecotourism strategies isn't even on the spec but a lot of people have put Galapogas Islands. Questions fault really worded very weird and misleading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Tesco_Manager)
    I wouldnt quite call Kenya Tropical, but it said how does it maintain an income whilst reduxing the negative effects. For example, 10/16 people are only aloowed on a small boat to the Galapogos islands, these bring money to the local economy whilst also reduce carbon emissions as its only a small boat
    Kenya is a country in the tropics - it is in the AQA textbook for "a case study in the tropics"

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Kenya is a country in the tropics - it is in the AQA textbook for "a case study in the tropics"
    Tha Galapogos islands is equally tropical though, so i dont understand why they wouldnt accept it

ReputationRep:
    Is jamaica a tropical country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torro1704)
    Is jamaica a tropical country?
    Yeah, i should of used that , but i did what the question asked me too, i believe any area in the tropics is fine , it didnt make specific reference to it being eco or mass

ReputationRep:
    It couldn't have been an eco tourism as it asked for an established resort. Eco tourism resorts have only been around for a few years due to the increased awareness of global warming, climate change etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCwizard)
    It couldn't have been an eco tourism as it asked for an established resort. Eco tourism resorts have only been around for a few years due to the increased awareness of global warming, climate change etc
    well noticed, i think you're right with that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.