Turn on thread page Beta

Explanation for 'Mr White' thread yesterday. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My apologies to all the newbies, and also some of the older forum members, who took offense to yesterdays post about Mr White being forced to leave due to a dramatic increase in useless posting. The thread was just a tool for me to complete part of my 'social studies' assessment. The title and two posts I put on the thread were more in Mr White's honour than anthing else. For he had helped me with a few similar exercises about six months ago. Thankyou to all who participated, though it is a little sad to see that the level of truth in the orignial post was high and perfectly justified by many of the people who replied before it was thankfully closed. Personally, the greatest part was seeing Ensocopier, my main antagonist in days gone by, return for one last fling. Cheers

By the way, this is worth a High Distinction, thanks people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    My apologies to all the newbies, and also some of the older forum members, who took offense to yesterdays post about Mr White being forced to leave due to a dramatic increase in useless posting. The thread was just a tool for me to complete part of my 'social studies' assessment. The title and two posts I put on the thread were more in Mr White's honour than anthing else. For he had helped me with a few similar exercises about six months ago. Thankyou to all who participated, though it is a little sad to see that the level of truth in the orignial post was high and perfectly justified by many of the people who replied before it was thankfully closed. Personally, the greatest part was seeing Ensocopier, my main antagonist in days gone by, return for one last fling. Cheers

By the way, this is worth a High Distinction, thanks people.
    lol a pawn in your game are we :rolleyes:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I feel violated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    lol a pawn in your game are we :rolleyes:
    We are all but cogs my friend. When many first come across the site, it is because they are seeking to find information already published by those on the forum that has come up in a search directory. Not in all cases I realise, but indeed in a surprising number. As for Pencil Queen being 'violated'. My apologies, but you can't just ask people to participate and expect the same results, though I thank you all. Especially those who now seem to have a strong sense of animosity towards me. *shrugs* People only seem to respond well to insults these days.

ReputationRep:
    owow i see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    We are all but cogs my friend. When many first come across the site, it is because they are seeking to find information already published by those on the forum that has come up in a search directory. Not in all cases I realise, but indeed in a surprising number. As for Pencil Queen being 'violated'. My apologies, but you can't just ask people to participate and expect the same results, though I thank you all. Especially those who now seem to have a strong sense of animosity towards me. *shrugs* People only seem to respond well to insults these days.

lol - feel as though i've been embarassed by someone i was very intimate with once
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sire)
    Especially those who now seem to have a strong sense of animosity towards me. *shrugs* People only seem to respond well to insults these days.
    The entire forum seems to have got up on the wrong side of the bed this week...I'd blame the weather if it hadn't just gone from lovely and sunny to windy and rainy :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...I guess this is like the 'debriefing' part of a psychology experiment... damn, that's brought back memories of the conformity unit that I loved so much :rolleyes:

"...an experiment..." - I've heard worse excuses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    The entire forum seems to have got up on the wrong side of the bed this week...I'd blame the weather if it hadn't just gone from lovely and sunny to windy and rainy :confused:
    the rain's really heavy here. I had just got off the bus, felt really crap as it is, then a car came by and splashed from a big puddle all over me. Yeah....thanks for that...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    How do we know this isnt the 2nd part of the test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    i am not sure
    should i keep quiet
    or should i help him with the 2nd part of the test? (if this is one) :p:D

ReputationRep:
    maybe it is down to the uncovering of the subscriber scandal ?? not as clean cut as you like to appear are you Pencil Queen.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by endorf)
    maybe it is down to the uncovering of the subscriber scandal ?? not as clean cut as you like to appear are you Pencil Queen.
    If I appear clean cut then I apologise - I've never claimed to be all sweetness and light

(oh and I wouldn't think it being revealed that I think you're an idiot is worthy of the title "scandal" :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    cuz I spent the best part of my night and morning writing up a 5000 word paper in relation to what I set out to achieve, how I went about it, expectations, actual results, personal feelings toward the comments of some etc. All I have left to do now is something on the appreciation of the international economy between 1820 and 2000 onwards, and child care in the 21st century. I'm all out of experiments to be conducted on the forum
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sire)
    cuz I spent the best part of my night and morning writing up a 5000 word paper in relation to what I set out to achieve, how I went about it, expectations, actual results, personal feelings toward the comments of some etc.
    It sounds like it'd make quite an intertesting read

ReputationRep:
    If I appear clean cut then I apologise - I've never claimed to be all sweetness and light

(oh and I wouldn't think it being revealed that I think you're an idiot is worthy of the title "scandal" :rolleyes: )
    this is a frankly disgusting attempt at saving face, too late for that im afraid. we all know what you have said about many members, not just me, and i have the evidence to hand if you attempt to deny it. the fact is you are bitter and twisted and have used your position in the subscriber forum to insight hatred against other members.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...lack of 'informed concent' and 'protection of the participant from physical/mental damage.'

I'm just bitter because I didn't want to be psycho-analysed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    this is a frankly disgusting attempt at saving face, too late for that im afraid. we all know what you have said about many members, not just me, and i have the evidence to hand if you attempt to deny it. the fact is you are bitter and twisted and have used your position in the subscriber forum to insight hatred against other members.
    I don't deny some of my previous comments in regard to the issue, that satisfied the element of 'personal opinion' required for my paper. As for the subscriber forum, I am not a subscriber so I suggest you get your facts straight. Finally, saving face!? None required I'm afraid. One rule of life is that you will never get on with everyone, I was merely thanking those who participated (even though kinda unwillingly). Cheerio my friend. Please don't tarnish me with your pathetic sense of forboding. (I shan't be saving face for that either)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    cuz I spent the best part of my night and morning writing up a 5000 word paper in relation to what I set out to achieve, how I went about it, expectations, actual results, personal feelings toward the comments of some etc. All I have left to do now is something on the appreciation of the international economy between 1820 and 2000 onwards, and child care in the 21st century. I'm all out of experiments to be conducted on the forum
    Do we get to have a read, seeing as members of the forum were participating in it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I don't deny some of my previous comments in regard to the issue, that satisfied the element of 'personal opinion' required for my paper. As for the subscriber forum, I am not a subscriber so I suggest you get your facts straight. Finally, saving face!? None required I'm afraid. One rule of life is that you will never get on with everyone, I was merely thanking those who participated (even though kinda unwillingly). Cheerio my friend. Please don't tarnish me with your pathetic sense of forboding. (I shan't be saving face for that either)
    he is talking to PQ not you so ignore it

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.