Most poshest nicest parts of the U.K. To live list Watch

Voi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
This is my list it is by no means accurate or comprehensive of the nicest and most desirable places to live in the UK at the top of the list, to the worst hell like places at the bottom of the list

London Central for example Knightsbridge Mayfair Kensington Chelsea then moving outside of London to Oxford and Cambridge then moving back within the M25 of greater London then moving south to Kent Sussex For example Canterbury Winchester then moving west awards Devon Cornwall then moving north east towards Gloucestershire the Cotswolds then moving east into the home counties for example Bedfordshire Buckinghamshire Essex then moving north east into East Anglia for example Peterborough Ipswich and Norwich and Colchester moving north to Kings Lynn but no further north from Kings Lynn instead moving south West into the southern Midlands for example Worcester stratford-upon-Avon Milton Keynes South Leicestershire Northamptonshire Warwickshire and then moving to the North West Midlands Cheshire then leaving the Midlands to go to York Harogate in Yorkshire now moving back into the Midlands the East Midlands for example in Derbyshire Staffordshire Matlock Litchfield and Nottinghamshire now moving to Northwest England the Lake District Cumbria then moving north east to a Berwick-upon-Tweed Durham and along the Hadrian's wall area then moving Southwest into The West Midlands for example Herefordshire and Shropshire Shrewsbury, then moving further west into Wales for example the Brecon beacons Snowdonia now moving right up north into Scotland and Lothian Edinburgh and finally moving south into northern England for example Newcastle Lancashire Preston and Lancaster then Leeds Sheffield Manchester North and South Yorkshire then east towards Hull and Grimsby and then back right up north into general Scotland and finally leaving England Scotland and Wales behind to go to Northern Ireland.
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sentences?
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You forgot Richmond, Strawberry Hill, and Teddington in London
Voi
Rep:
?
Seconds thoughts I would put Shrewsbury a bit higher up the list maybe in front of the East Midlands and Devon and Cornwall behind the Cotswolds?
ODES_PDES
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Voi)
This is my list it is by no means accurate or comprehensive of the nicest and most desirable places to live in the UK

London Central for example Knightsbridge Mayfair Kensington Chelsea then moving outside of London to Oxford and Cambridge then moving back within the M25 of greater London then moving south to Kent Sussex For example Canterbury Winchester then moving west awards Devon Cornwall then moving north east towards Gloucestershire the Cotswolds then moving east into the home counties for example Bedfordshire Buckinghamshire Essex then moving north east into East Anglia for example Peterborough Ipswich and Norwich and Colchester moving north to Kings Lynn but no further north from Kings Lynn instead moving south West into the southern Midlands for example Worcester stratford-upon-Avon Milton Keynes South Leicestershire Northamptonshire Warwickshire and then moving to the North West Midlands Cheshire then leaving the Midlands to go to York Harogate in Yorkshire now moving back into the Midlands the East Midlands for example in Derbyshire Staffordshire Matlock Litchfield and Nottinghamshire now moving to Northwest England the Lake District Cumbria then moving north east to a Berwick-upon-Tweed Durham and along the Hadrian's wall area then moving Southwest into The West Midlands for example Herefordshire and Shropshire Shrewsbury, then moving further west into Wales for example the Brecon beacons Snowdonia now moving right up north into Scotland and Lothian Edinburgh and finally moving south into northern England for example Newcastle Lincolnshire Preston and Lancaster then Leeds Sheffield Manchester North and South Yorkshire then east towards Hull and Grimsby and then back right up north into general Scotland and finally leaving England Scotland and Wales behind to go to Northern Ireland.
Is reading this meant be a challenge?
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
London Central is a **** hole, i guess once you grow up there, it loses its sparks. There council estates, conor shops, and it just isnt anything great to look at. The nice ares to live in, sometimes you can walk past the areas and there literally **** on the floor, I guess the bin men dont come there often since there always overfilled bags and bins tipped over somehow, the shops are closed down, since no one is buying from them and less people live in roher/nicer areas of london. Honestly london isnt that beautiful, great place to live but not beautiful if you've lived there your whole life. There are a few places that offset it/ go against the trend but overall its pretty ugly, i really dont understand why tourist go into central london, when it aint much too look at ( apart from the sights ofc )
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Voi)
This is my list it is by no means accurate or comprehensive of the nicest and most desirable places to live in the UK

London Central for example Knightsbridge Mayfair Kensington Chelsea then moving outside of London to Oxford and Cambridge then moving back within the M25 of greater London then moving south to Kent Sussex For example Canterbury Winchester then moving west awards Devon Cornwall then moving north east towards Gloucestershire the Cotswolds then moving east into the home counties for example Bedfordshire Buckinghamshire Essex then moving north east into East Anglia for example Peterborough Ipswich and Norwich and Colchester moving north to Kings Lynn but no further north from Kings Lynn instead moving south West into the southern Midlands for example Worcester stratford-upon-Avon Milton Keynes South Leicestershire Northamptonshire Warwickshire and then moving to the North West Midlands Cheshire then leaving the Midlands to go to York Harogate in Yorkshire now moving back into the Midlands the East Midlands for example in Derbyshire Staffordshire Matlock Litchfield and Nottinghamshire now moving to Northwest England the Lake District Cumbria then moving north east to a Berwick-upon-Tweed Durham and along the Hadrian's wall area then moving Southwest into The West Midlands for example Herefordshire and Shropshire Shrewsbury, then moving further west into Wales for example the Brecon beacons Snowdonia now moving right up north into Scotland and Lothian Edinburgh and finally moving south into northern England for example Newcastle Lincolnshire Preston and Lancaster then Leeds Sheffield Manchester North and South Yorkshire then east towards Hull and Grimsby and then back right up north into general Scotland and finally leaving England Scotland and Wales behind to go to Northern Ireland.
Preston is a nice place to live? This is a joke, right?
princesshan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cheshire is really nice in some places, in others just full of chavs
Blue_Mason
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rimstone)
London Central is a **** hole, i guess once you grow up there, it loses its sparks. There council estates, conor shops, and it just isnt anything great to look at. The nice ares to live in, sometimes you can walk past the areas and there literally **** on the floor, I guess the bin men dont come there often since there always overfilled bags and bins tipped over somehow, the shops are closed down, since no one is buying from them and less people live in roher/nicer areas of london. Honestly london isnt that beautiful, great place to live but not beautiful if you've lived there your whole life. There are a few places that offset it/ go against the trend but overall its pretty ugly, i really dont understand why tourist go into central london, when it aint much too look at ( apart from the sights ofc )

Meh it depends on your tax bracket, with cities like london we have buyers who can afford to buy a simple home, and then we have people who can buy,demolish and build a new home that features a luxury basement.
With London, even if you can afford to spend half a million on a property, you would still be considered average.
It all depends really.
rimstone
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Blue_Mason)
Meh it depends on your tax bracket, with cities like london we have buyers who can afford to buy a simple home, and then we have people who can buy,demolish and build a new home that features a luxury basement.
With London, even if you can afford to spend half a million on a property, you would still be considered average.
It all depends really.
Hmm i kind of somewhat agree, I live near what used to be a badish area to live in, though its right next to a park so its wasnt ever not great to look at . Now a bunch of hipster have moved in and are gentrifying the area, the garage was closed down a yeast farm and organic food shop/pub, the florist and an abandon house were made into nice looking flats and the car part have mini shops in it. The area is now a nicer place to live in, i guess but with people, these hipster, come a bunch of trash and people to an area that was pretty quite back in the day. They also swarm to the park, which was always near empty, they cover the area and park,with crap and beer bottle, have BBQ's ect. The area is nicer i guess, but more people bring more crap with them. Also the prices have gone up thanks to them, and what used to useable/needed shops closed down to make somewhat useless hipster ones.

The rich ares are what i said, i walked past them and the services lack greatly. The shops a few and less common, since there less people about. more charity shops since they don't pay taxes or whatever and can take up the closed shop. sometimes they more unclean than the dirtier areas of london, since it seem their bin men dont come as often. your also more likely to get robbed in a rich area, since people come from other areas to teh rich one, to rob people. Getting robbed is pretty uncommon though .

overall i kind of see your point, but i gotta disagree. All area are pretty crap, come with cons and pros, but overall london still aint nothing great to look at.
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Swore that for a second I was reading code.
TeenRose29
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Solihull, outskirts of Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Parts of Chesire, Kenilworth, and Areas of London
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lists are meant to be short, clear and to the point...
Voi
Rep:
?
Well I thought this list was quite short I have missed out a lot of places it's just intended to give you a general idea based on my own travel experiences which parts of the country are nicer to live in than others it's of course not 100% accurate
sek510i
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think that poshest and nicest necessarily correlate. I would prefer to spend a day in a market in Angel than most places I've been in affluent areas of Highgate (without context), for example.
hovado
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Voi)
Peterborough Ipswich Kings Lynn Milton Keynes Hull Grimsby
Voi
Rep:
?
I'd rather live in Grimsby than in Scotland simply because it is the last place in England I would live in rather than having to live in Scotland which and might be prettier and nicer To look at with more attractive landscapes but I'd rather be that bit closer to the south east England in Grimsby Lincolnshire then all the way up north stuck in some remote place in Scotland which is fast sleep different to England in a lot of respects like culture language and attitudes et cetera
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Voi)
This is my list it is by no means accurate
You got that right.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Voi)
I'd rather live in Grimsby than in Scotland simply because it is the last place in England I would live in rather than having to live in Scotland
That's categorically not the same thing as "poshest and nicest".
epoddoulc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Brixton, Peckham, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Toxteth, Moss Side, Handsworth, Highgate, Gipton, Harehills
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (221)
12.46%
Excited (166)
9.36%
Worried (309)
17.43%
Terrified (390)
22%
Meh (186)
10.49%
Confused (39)
2.2%