Turn on thread page Beta

TV Prog on being a med student watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

Stupid programme. I bloody hated it. Its meant to make me want to do medicine less. Not more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

Stupid programme. I bloody hated it. Its meant to make me want to do medicine less. Not more.
    hehe...why's that then? The "i may just use my degree to go globe-trotting" girl was quite funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    hehe...why's that then? The "i may just use my degree to go globe-trotting" girl was quite funny.
    Because i'm probably not going to uni because i didn't finish my exams. If it had made me not want to do medicine i would have felt better about losing my places.

I wonder what she'll do with her medical degree. There are people that want it so badly it doesn't seem fair that she is ambivalent about it. Still i'm not there so i can't judge her.

ReputationRep:
    I was a little dissappointed with the programme. It was nice to have a series like that, but I thought it could have been a bit more detailed, and broadened out a little bit more. It was good though, funny too in some parts !

ReputationRep:
    Is it gonna be repeated at any point? I knew it was on but forgot argh

ReputationRep:
    when the girl was looking away at the gentlemen's privates i mean wtf? she's a medical student, wat are you ganna expect? she should have been right in there on him from the start, not pansying out

and sticking the hand in someone's body: that was cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaRRR)
    when the girl was looking away at the gentlemen's privates i mean wtf? she's a medical student, wat are you ganna expect? she should have been right in there on him from the start, not pansying out

and sticking the hand in someone's body: that was cool
    I can kinda sympathise with her because when you're in clinics and stuff, you kinda feel like your in the way. The doctor she was with never asked the patient until the end if it was ok for her to watch and do an examination; she might have thought she had to wait until consent was given before going in.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't see it cos i thought it was on tonight (grrr) but is it gonna be a series or a one off programme? if its a one-off will it be repeated on ITV2 or something?

hopes so!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by clairestar87)
    i didn't see it cos i thought it was on tonight (grrr) but is it gonna be a series or a one off programme? if its a one-off will it be repeated on ITV2 or something?

hopes so!!
    It's a six-part documentary series following seven students through their third year of training.

ReputationRep:

hopes so!!
    last night was 1/6

not sure about ITV2 - do a search on the Radio Times site...

ReputationRep:
    :confused: Did any1 else think that the programme about 3rd yr medical students on ITV was not very insightive? it didnt really tell us much about medics and the course....just how they like to party??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiekenyon)
    :confused: Did any1 else think that the programme about 3rd yr medical students on ITV was not very insightive? it didnt really tell us much about medics and the course....just how they like to party??
    To be fair, it's a programme about life as a medical student - not a university recruitment infomercial!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    To be fair, it's a programme about life as a medical student - not a university recruitment infomercial!
    Damn!

(not that we need it - most apps/place for any med school this yr* :cool: )

*last time I checked in Feb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Damn!

(not that we need it - most apps/place for any med school this yr* :cool: )

*last time I checked in Feb
    I could have just finished my first year at Soton - sob!

Still I have a home instead! And a place for 2004!

ReputationRep:

hopes so!!
    Yay, it'll be repeated every Tuesday at 8pm on ITV2 !

ReputationRep:
    "If you get an A, you're working far too hard.. If you get a B, you're partying, but obviously not hard enough.. If you get a C, spot on" THAT'S the attitude..

Yeah not the most insightful programme in the world ever, but worth watching all the same! Reckon the students got paid to be on it?! Kinda stressful to be doing your first ever blood test on an 80 year old, but infront of TV cameras?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahir)
    "If you get an A, you're working far too hard.. If you get a B, you're partying, but obviously not hard enough.. If you get a C, spot on" THAT'S the attitude..

Yeah not the most insightful programme in the world ever, but worth watching all the same! Reckon the students got paid to be on it?! Kinda stressful to be doing your first ever blood test on an 80 year old, but infront of TV cameras?!!
    I think I'd be more confortable with a B

ReputationRep:
    any medics know what percentage of the year get honours? i'm assuming this is fairly constant throughout med schools...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    http://www.soton.ac.uk/SchoolsandSer...partment-HTML/

Scroll down to school of medicine for the Soton figures....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahir)
    "If you get an A, you're working far too hard.. If you get a B, you're partying, but obviously not hard enough.. If you get a C, spot on" THAT'S the attitude.
    I'm sure the patients he'll have to treat at the end would expect him to have tried to do the best he could throughout.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.