Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Haven't seen any threads on this paper yet so thought I'd post one. How are you all feeling? Personally, I'm more confident than I was on the non-calc paper - I just hope they don't throw in any really nasty questions towards the end.

I'm aiming for an A*, and think I got 80-85 marks on the last paper (made a few silly errors under the pressure) - so I need to get at least 90 on tomorrow's paper (the bar is well and truly set high). Anyone have any idea about the grade boundaries? I know last year it was 169 marks for the A*. I hope they lower them this year, but my suspicion is that they'll raise them slightly.

Anyway, thanks for putting up with my rambling - what are your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone actually doing this paper? I notice there's a dearth of material about it, and I read that only 20,000 students actually take it...

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be doing this paper tomorrow. I'm aiming for an A and think I got about 70-80 marks on the Non-Calc paper. Got any predictions about what gonna be on the test tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by degiorgi.zico)
    I'm gonna be doing this paper tomorrow. I'm aiming for an A and think I got about 70-80 marks on the Non-Calc paper. Got any predictions about what gonna be on the test tomorrow?
    Good luck - here's a list of predicted topics:

% increase/decrease
    Equations with x on both sides
    Factorising quadratics
    Proportion
    Nth term
    Ratio
    Probability trees
    Pythagoras
    Use of a calculator
    Angles in parallel lines
    Sampling
    Scatter graphs
    Compound interest
    Reverse %
    Substituting negatives/decimals into expressions
    Find the mean of a frequency table
    Recurring decimals
    Similar shapes
    Trig
    Prime factors
    Circle areas
    Trig formulas (sine/cosine rules)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thin White Duke)
    Haven't seen any threads on this paper yet so thought I'd post one. How are you all feeling? Personally, I'm more confident than I was on the non-calc paper - I just hope they don't throw in any really nasty questions towards the end.

I'm aiming for an A*, and think I got 80-85 marks on the last paper (made a few silly errors under the pressure) - so I need to get at least 90 on tomorrow's paper (the bar is well and truly set high). Anyone have any idea about the grade boundaries? I know last year it was 169 marks for the A*. I hope they lower them this year, but my suspicion is that they'll raise them slightly.

Anyway, thanks for putting up with my rambling - what are your thoughts?
    I reckon it will be easier than the non-calc. Im only doing foundation so hoping for that C grade Only miniutes to go now! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    is there an unofficial mark scheme??

ReputationRep:
    I think it was a okayish paper, I had to think properly for most of the questions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.