Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I haven't actually been predicted my A level grades but for AS I was predicted a D lol, and I've never actually got a D yet in any tests, homeworks etc, I've usually been getting B/C's. However in my AS exams, everyone after each exam, were talking about how great they thought it went, whilst my stomach was churning and I thought how badly I did despite how much I revised. I feel as if the lowest I achieved might be CCC in the worst case scenario, I would be over the moon if I got BCC. If I do get BCC, is there a chance of persuading my teachers to predict me a B for A2, my AS exams do NOT count towards the real A level, so it's not as if achieving a B wouldn't be possible due to a low C grade, I genuinely feel as if I can get B's because I'm hard working I always hand in my work, and I think if I just have some help on exam technique such as essay structure and timing I'll be well on my way. So is it possible to talk to my teacher about how I really need to be predicted at least 3 B's for all my subjects as all my Uni choices require this, the lowest one requiring BBC. If I do get BCC, I have a feeling I would be predicted an A because the one I felt most confident was geography, and that does actually count towards the A level so if it was a high B, I believe my teacher would predict me an A because she's optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    Youre just going to have to try and put the predicted grades out of your mind and focus on getting the best real grades possible!
    Youre perfectly capable of getting B's and im positive that you can get an A too!
    I hope your exams go well!
    Im certain you will ace them!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Teachers generally predict you a grade above your predicted grade

So if you get BCC then your teacher would predict you ABB or BBB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Youre just going to have to try and put the predicted grades out of your mind and focus on getting the best real grades possible!
    Youre perfectly capable of getting B's and im positive that you can get an A too!
    I hope your exams go well!
    Im certain you will ace them!!
    Hahaha thank you, but surely the predicted grades in some sense are more important than the real grades, because Unis make offers based on your predicted grades, so if I was predicted badly, and then I actually achieved ABB, I still wouldn't have a uni to go to due to my poor predicted grades, would I have to have a gap year or could I apply once I get my results for the same year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambermariemorgan)
    Hahaha thank you, but surely the predicted grades in some sense are more important than the real grades, because Unis make offers based on your predicted grades, so if I was predicted badly, and then I actually achieved ABB, I still wouldn't have a uni to go to due to my poor predicted grades, would I have to have a gap year or could I apply once I get my results for the same year?
    No worries!
    I've no idea tbh, I'm not going to uni so I can't help you there.
    But a gap year would seem like a good idea if your predicted grades are low.
    You know you can achieve high grades and uni's should look at that rather than your predicted grades.
    You'll have your results in the gap year which you can send to various uni's you want to go to, they will then look at those results and get back to you like that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.