Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    In Psychology,

    At AS, my overall score was 77.5% - a B.
    This was 2 separate tests, one worth 40% and one worth 60%, both high Bs.

    Now at A2 I have another 2 tests.
    One is worth 40%, the other, 60%.

    (Of course, I need 80% overall for an A.)

    I believe to have got around 87% on the exam worth 40%, so what percentage do I need to get for the second exam worth 60% to get at least 80% overall for the 2 years?

    Or, what do I at least need for both exams for the A overall?

    Thanks, guys!
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph97)
    In Psychology,

    At AS, my overall score was 77.5% - a B.
    This was 2 separate tests, one worth 40% and one worth 60%, both high Bs.

    Now at A2 I have another 2 tests.
    One is worth 40%, the other, 60%.

    (Of course, I need 80% overall for an A.)

    I believe to have got around 87% on the exam worth 40%, so what percentage do I need to get for the second exam worth 60% to get at least 80% overall for the 2 years?

    Or, what do I at least need for both exams for the A overall?

    Thanks, guys!
    which exam board?
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakriah)
    which exam board?
    WJEC
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph97)
    WJEC
    Do you know how many marks are available for each unit?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    If you need 80% overall for an A, you need to get 82.5% overall for this year (assuming both years are equally weighted). Therefore, if you got 87% on 40% of the exam, you need 79.5% (I think) on the 60% exam. That's assuming that there is no UMS involved and that the 80% is a true value
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    I think I got 87% is on PY3, which I think was 59/80 for an A, and for PY4 it's 64/100 for an A.

    So if 50% of my overall grade last year was 77.5%, what would I need for PY4?

    I'm sorry this is so confusing!

    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph97)
    In Psychology,

    At AS, my overall score was 77.5% - a B.
    This was 2 separate tests, one worth 40% and one worth 60%, both high Bs.

    Now at A2 I have another 2 tests.
    One is worth 40%, the other, 60%.

    (Of course, I need 80% overall for an A.)

    I believe to have got around 87% on the exam worth 40%, so what percentage do I need to get for the second exam worth 60% to get at least 80% overall for the 2 years?

    Or, what do I at least need for both exams for the A overall?
    !
    YOu need at least 320 UMS for an A.

    It sounds as though you scored 155UMS at AS, meaning you need 320-155=165UMS from A2. The exam worth 40% of the A2 will have a UMS of 80, 87% would be about 69UMS Meaning you need to get 165-69=96/120UMS on the final paper.
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Rosette

    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:

    HEAR

    HEAR

    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.