Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi i've just formatted my HD and i have these in my Device Manager and i do not know what they are.

Multimedia Audio Contoller
    PCI Simple Communications Controller
    Video Contoller (VGA Compatible)

Any suggestions upon ho wi fix these three?

ReputationRep:
    Install drivers for them. Your video controller is your graphics card, the audio controller a sound card and the other one sounds like a modem/network card.

ReputationRep:
    Hey i went to install a driver off my MSI VGA disk, then when clicking on the icon, this came up

MSI MS-StarForce GeForce FX 5200 with AGP8X (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 with AGP8X)

Has not passed Windows Logo testingto verify its compatibility with Windows XP,
    Continue Anyway or STOP installation.

What do i do?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't wanna install those, get the latest Forceware drivers here.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks, what about the other two?

ReputationRep:
    Have you not got driver disks for those? Do you know who the manufacturers are?

ReputationRep:
    Ok i've installed both the Video and sound card driver, now how do i install the other?

ReputationRep:
    Again, do you have a driver disk for it or know who the manufacturer is?

ReputationRep:
    I have many driver disks, MSI etc but i do not know what the PCI communications controller is on?

ReputationRep:
    check your modem installation disk for the PCI communications drivers.

If you dont have a modem installation disk, you may have a 'tools & utlities' disk supplied with the computer- this will more than likely have all neccessary drivers.

Failing that, let windows try and find a suitable driver for the modem.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.