Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all

    I've been accepted into an Mres in Social Sciences and have been awarded a scholarship. The problem I'm having is with regards to the rule that the university has about living within
    50k of campus. I need to continue to wok part time to make up the money and am unable to move nearer due to circumstances (I am needed to care for a relative of mine and cannot leav them all week alone).

    The university pages state I had to give a term time address at registration so I'm really worried this will ruin this great opportunity and am quite upset. I am unsure what I can do....

    Has anyone else been in this situation?
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    Talk to one of the advisers at the SU, then approach the department. They may make an exception based on your need to care for someone.
    If you have a car that might make it more acceptable.
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.