Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Parents mad at me for throwing up at dinner. Watch

ReputationRep:
    There was a plate of the most pungent cheese I have ever smelt and it made me really sick. I asked if we coud move it further away but my parents didn't want to so I ended up throwing up.

They're really angry at me even though I cleaned it up.

What to do?

ReputationRep:
    My auntie once gave me these bread rolls with mushrooms in (she didn't tell me they where there but I absolutely hate mushrooms), I bit into one and immediately threw up all over her kitchen. I also had to clean it up after and she was quite pissed. However, after a few days I just came to terms with the fact there isn't anything wrong with being sick. I cleaned it all up so I guess I helped her. Now it's sort of a joke. I'm sure your parents will get over it eventually and understand not to give you that type of food and listen to you when you don't like something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaNeko)
    My auntie once gave me these bread rolls with mushrooms in (she didn't tell me they where there but I absolutely hate mushrooms), I bit into one and immediately threw up all over her kitchen. I also had to clean it up after and she was quite pissed. However, after a few days I just came to terms with the fact there isn't anything wrong with being sick. I cleaned it all up so I guess I helped her. Now it's sort of a joke. I'm sure your parents will get over it eventually and understand not to give you that type of food and listen to you when you don't like something.

Thanks. I'm sure they will do at some point.

ReputationRep:
    They only have themselves to blame. I too hate cheese, revolting stuff. Put it anywhere near me and I'll happily throw up in your face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    They only have themselves to blame. I too hate cheese, revolting stuff. Put it anywhere near me and I'll happily throw up in your face.
    I do like cheese, but this one in particular was nauseating.

I'm not expecting an apology or anything from them, they never do.

ReputationRep:
    You can't be blamed for throwing up though, It's not like anyone goes throughout their life without doing it at least once aha.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    It will blow over. I cnat see why you were unable to excuse yourself and throw up in the toilet , or some container or the sink?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    It will blow over. I cnat see why you were unable to excuse yourself and throw up in the toilet , or some container or the sink?
    It happened rather quickly you see.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of cheese was it?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Asking so that I can avoid the stuff in future
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by WustacheMax)
    It happened rather quickly you see.
    If you are 5 or under then I can see the issue, but it would be normal for anyone older thna that to be able to control their bodily functions. I agree with the parents tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markreed)
    What kind of cheese was it?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Asking so that I can avoid the stuff in future
    French pyrénéenne I believe.

It's the french version of parmazan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    If you are 5 or under then I can see the issue, but it would be normal for anyone older thna that to be able to control their bodily functions. I agree with the parents tbh.
    Honestly, I wouldn't underestimate the power of the gag. If OP really found the cheese as revolting as I'm believing it to be, and they couldn't leave its immediate vicinity, then I think them throwing up is pretty understandable.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody parents. Throwing up choice isn't it. Stupid *****. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by markreed)
    Honestly, I wouldn't underestimate the power of the gag. If OP really found the cheese as revolting as I'm believing it to be, and they couldn't leave its immediate vicinity, then I think them throwing up is pretty understandable.
    Perhaps I have better bodily control or would have made my concerns better known. I think thats what the parents are more peeved about.

ReputationRep:
    Idk i haven't vomited in years , tough stomach i guess

ReputationRep:
    My mum has always gotten angry everytime I've thrown up... like I don't choose to do it??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.