The Student Room Group

I plan on doing a all nighter for Maths

Anyone got any tips on how I get through a whole day tomorrow with zero sleep tonight? I have the Edexcel higher tier Maths exam tomorrow and aiming for a B. I am very worried I will end up with a C so to have a safe and secure B will cram in every single topic all night.

I have Biology and Business on Friday so can't sleep tomorrow after Maths even though I am on study leave as I need to revise for them. Any tips on how to survive a whole day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
don't. actually don't - it's going to ruin everything. you NEED sleep. If so - go to sleep now and wake up early. At least 7 hours of sleep.
Reply 2
Do not pull an all nighter
Reply 3
Don't do it, it's going to really affect your brain, I suggest you go to sleep at 10, then wake up at 4:30 or 5, you need sleep if you want to do well.
Original post by Tinka99
Anyone got any tips on how I get through a whole day tomorrow with zero sleep tonight? I have the Edexcel higher tier Maths exam tomorrow and aiming for a B. I am very worried I will end up with a C so to have a safe and secure B will cram in every single topic all night.

I have Biology and Business on Friday so can't sleep tomorrow after Maths even though I am on study leave as I need to revise for them. Any tips on how to survive a whole day?

No mate don't do it. At least get 5 hours of sleep or something otherwise you're gonna be falling asleep in the exam - i know people who have done this. Why don't you look at the topics that are predicted to come up for tomorrow's exam and cover those instead of trying to do everything as you've only got until tomorrow. But seriously, do not stay up all night.
Original post by Tinka99

Pull an all nighter. It will pay off in august.
I agree with @WaeAM.

What examboard are you sitting for Biology?
It will make it worse as you won't be able to think properly and tackle those harder questions.
mate it's gcses you'll be fine..get your sleep you'll need it
Reply 9
Original post by sophia.f
I agree with @WaeAM.

What examboard are you sitting for Biology?

I am doing unit 2 additional and 3 further additional science AQA on Friday.
I don't think you should, as your brain won't focus properly in the exam due to the lack of sleep.:s-smilie: Therefore you will be more likely to get a B in your maths exam with an early nights sleep and I am talking from experience. If you really want a B you should have started revision earlier but you can still cram some maths in tomorrow by getting up a bit early at about 5.00 am and go to sleep a bit early tonight.:smile: Either way, I am sure you will get a B as you are motivated to achieve your target and I would like to wish you good luck for tomorrow's exam.:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by u.sha
No mate don't do it. At least get 5 hours of sleep or something otherwise you're gonna be falling asleep in the exam - i know people who have done this. Why don't you look at the topics that are predicted to come up for tomorrow's exam and cover those instead of trying to do everything as you've only got until tomorrow. But seriously, do not stay up all night.

I am a girl and I have already looked at all predicted topics that Mathswatch stated could come up. I just need last minute revision for the peace of my mind or I will end up feeling guilty for not revising.
Original post by Tinka99
I am a girl and I have already looked at all predicted topics that Mathswatch stated could come up. I just need last minute revision for the peace of my mind or I will end up feeling guilty for not revising.

Get your sleep! It is so important- if you come across a question in the exam that you struggle with, you're more likely to be able to get it if you are fully awake and energised. If you need to revise, go to sleep early tonight, and wake up earlier tomorrow.
Original post by Tinka99

Then you'll be fine!! In that case, do revision now and maybe wake up early to do a bit of revision then or whatever you prefer but make sure you get a few hours of sleep minimum. You really won't be able to concentrate well without sleep. But considering that you've already seen the predictions and have probably gone over it, don't worry about it, you'll be fine!
Original post by eternalhinch
mate it's gcses you'll be fine..get your sleep you'll need it

whats that meant to mean that its gcse
Reply 15
Original post by starstudent7
I don't think you should, as your brain won't focus properly in the exam due to the lack of sleep.:s-smilie: Therefore you will be more likely to get a B in your maths exam with an early nights sleep and I am talking from experience. If you really want a B you should have started revision earlier but you can still cram some maths in tomorrow by getting up a bit early at about 5.00 am and go to sleep a bit early tonight.:smile: Either way, I am sure you will get a B as you are motivated to achieve your target and I would like to wish you good luck for tomorrow's exam.:smile:

I have revised all topics right up to A* earlier and also done past papers I just feel like I need a last minute glance using Mathswatch all night.
Original post by theBranicAc
whats that meant to mean that its gcse

it;s not that bad, there's no need to pull an all-nighter, youre body is just going to suffer...pointless
Original post by Tinka99
I have revised all topics right up to A* earlier and also done past papers I just feel like I need a last minute glance using Mathswatch all night.

Oh ok, sorry:colondollar: I think you should just do a quick revision on all your weakest topics tomorrow morning or before you go to bed so you're not too tired for your exams because that's what I'm doing.:smile: Hope this helps.:wink:
Don't pull an all-nighter unless you want to lower the grade boundaries for your peers :smile:
I'm totally totally against this, but I'd be a Hypocrite saying Do not do it.
If you stupidly do Pull an All nighter (Again I'd strongly say do not do it), You may focus for the Maths Exam so long as you get at least 2 Hours sleep and have some oranges. I've done it before, but I'd advise you NOT TO DO IT.

Quick Reply

Latest