Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Geography A Higher 08/06/16 Tourism 8 Marker watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so for the tourism, 8 marker, who did mass tourism and who did ecotourism, and which case studies for either? anyone think that both of them will be on the mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    i did tataqra lodge, this was right cause it said in the 'tropics'. eg it is in the forests in brazil. it uses solar panels and local ingredients... etc

ReputationRep:
    I know people that re from CGP guides did Kenyah....I did Jamaica as a mass tourist tropical destination and I'm 100% that's right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KewlKid64)
    I know people that re from CGP guides did Kenyah....I did Jamaica as a mass tourist tropical destination and I'm 100% that's right
    Kenya's also a case study for Mass Tourism

ReputationRep:
    I did The Galapagos Islands as sustainable ecotourism - am I the only one?
    A lot of people who I have talked to did Jamaica.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blancosdos)
    Kenya's also a case study for Mass Tourism
    I realise that, just saying it was CGP alternative...I think many people are worried they did something along the lines of Galapagos Islands (ecotourism) and that this wasn't acceptable, but it may well be....

The only things I'm worried about it
    a) Whether writing about Kerala, India for birth control policies for a COUNTRY was right (Kerala is a province)
    b) Whether only including ideas of international efforts to reduce global inequalities was okay, i.e talking only about fair trade, free trade, debt for conservation swaps and debt reduction, rather than including 'examples' as case studies, such as Cahora Bassa Dam etc. which is what all my mates did....
    Any ideas???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.