Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I'm new to psychology. This is my first time taking psychology, i'm not very familiar with it but i don't find it hard topic vise when i read through the text. My board is Edexcel.
    Do you guys think it'll be possible to teach myself the subject? (i'm doing it privately)
    Please let me know if you guys know any good websites / resources for AS-Level psychology.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    I think you could do it.

Make sure you use past papers.

ReputationRep:
    I know its late but ive just finished my A2.
    I managed to self teach myself at As and fet an A so it is possible x

ReputationRep:
    Yes but you would need a lot of guidance as it is essay based and the essays can be very hard to formulate yourself especially if the specifications change. Seeing as it is your first time doing psychology try to get a tutor at first who understands the exam board and can mark your past papers, and then look online for exemplars and research methods.
    The student room already has good resources and simply psychology is great for research methods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbey15)
    I know its late but ive just finished my A2.
    I managed to self teach myself at As and fet an A so it is possible x
    Oh wow ! How did u do that? got any good tips that'd help me out as well? 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanna423)
    Oh wow ! How did u do that? got any good tips that'd help me out as well? 😂
    Hmm, i revise by writing things out over and over. Seen as the exams have changed now id invest in the exam boards new textbook and use it religiously! Then read around topics on the internet to get a deeper knowledge. After i revise something ill find a video to watch about it, structure is important however ive never done any mocks and still manage to do well. Where most people go wrong is they dont answer the question they just write everything they know or describe rather than evaluating. Make it clear in exams where your description ends and explanation begins 😙

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.