The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Maths - harder or easier?

Do you think the paper tomorrow will be harder or easier compared to the non-calculator?
Reply 1
Generally people say it is harder as you have a calculator... Oddly I'm much better at the calculator paper than non-calculator. I think it will be slightly harder, it's all about doing the past papers and getting familiar with the difficulty and how to handle the questions.
Reply 2
Original post by Wisbey
Generally people say it is harder as you have a calculator... Oddly I'm much better at the calculator paper than non-calculator. I think it will be slightly harder, it's all about doing the past papers and getting familiar with the difficulty and how to handle the questions.

What are you aiming to get?
HARDER

Spoiler

Reply 5
Original post by Rajive
What are you aiming to get?

Generally I average around 83 on calculator, from all my recent past papers etc... It might drop to around 78 depending on the difficulty. Overall, hopefully a middle A. I made some silly mistakes on non-calculator however I'm generally much better at calculator.
I used to think i was better at non-calc but after looking like i got below 70 maybe in the 60s i think Calculator should be not as difficult in my opinion. But then again it is edexcel.
Reply 7
I have always found the calculator paper to be harder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending