Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so yesterday I went to my friends house and he offered me a beer and (being the crazy teenager I am) i said yes. I really didn't think i'd drink a beer this early in life (I'm nearly 16) and I don't know how to break the news to my parents who I share a close bond with. Its worrying me and i can't concentrate on my exams

ReputationRep:
    please reply!!

ReputationRep:
    just don't tell them? it's not really a big deal anyway...
    In your mind why is this so bad?

ReputationRep:
    Dude, you drunk a beer. You're not an alcoholic, what's the big deal?

Why bother telling your parents anyway? It's not their business. Unless it was a nice ale, in which case you should definitely tell them because if they've got any class they'd be proud of you for choosing the finer stuff over lager.

ReputationRep:
    I do not see the big problem

ReputationRep:
    honestly its fine, don't worry about it and don't let it distract you, one beer is fine no problem

ReputationRep:
    Funny. I actually find it hard breaking the news to my parents after nights out that I haven't drunk any beer. They keep trying to convince me to drink. :unimpressed:

I guess whether you should tell your parents depends on how strict they are. If they're fairly laid back, just tell them. If they're ridiculously strict, maybe don't tell them and just put it out of our mind. There's no harm in just keeping it from them, as long as you're not suddenly going to become a rampant alcoholic.

ReputationRep:
    what they going to do, beat you? (plz say no)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help guys! my mum is abit annoyed but i wish she didn't tell my dad, he's grounded me for a month and we had a long conversation that entailed him breaking down into tears and physically lashing out at me, but oh well, life goes on and I was just joking about the whole thing. LOL Obviously not, I be sippin on that grapefruit ciroc and smoking the lemon every weekend bro! But i enjoyed your comments and advice so thankyou very much, I will send you each a free draw for your time xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vimtosplash)
    Thanks for the help guys! my mum is abit annoyed but i wish she didn't tell my dad, he's grounded me for a month and we had a long conversation that entailed him breaking down into tears and physically lashing out at me, but oh well, life goes on and I was just joking about the whole thing. LOL Obviously not, I be sippin on that grapefruit ciroc and smoking the lemon every weekend bro! But i enjoyed your comments and advice so thankyou very much, I will send you each a free draw for your time xxx
    haha, epic trole

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the bear would be able to help you

ReputationRep:
    Mate, I had my first JD shot at age 14... If I remember correctly, 15 year-olds drinking was very common in my school I don't see why your so startled, are you Muslim or something? Cuz if you are then you f*cked up big time in the month of Ramadan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    the bear would be able to help you
    tbh i think with a problem of this seriousness OP should contact baba-ji for Vashikaran help.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is the problem? I had my first taste of alcohol at 11 (homemade shandy) - it's not a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vimtosplash)
    Hahahahahaha the friendly troll XDDDD what a lad

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.