Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got my AQA unit 2 and 3 biology exam on Friday.
    I'm aiming for an A, possibly an A*.
    Have done very minimal revision, although I am planning to bang it out after my Maths exam tomorrow (I'm on study leave btw)

i remember revising the day before my biology mock and getting an A but I also remember not revising for it properly and getting a D.
    :/

Could I possibly revise from say.. 12pm-9pm straight (obviously with breaks and doing past papers) and still get that A grade?
    Has anyone else done this?

Scared I won't be able to cover all the content in time let alone do past papers and questions.

Help, please.

ReputationRep:
    Same boat as you, aiming for an A tho. Started B2 revision about 20 hours ago. Almost done, have B2.5 and 2.6 left. Haven't even looked at B3 yet. I am revising using the MyGcseScience videos, I'd watch the video, make notes, read the book, make any additional notes, do the questions that the MyGcseScience website posts and then mark it. I plan to finish 2.6 now, revise maths for the next 4-5ish hours. Is it possible? Yes. Will it be difficult? Yes but what other choice do we have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OHamdy)
    Same boat as you, aiming for an A tho. Started B2 revision about 20 hours ago. Almost done, have B2.5 and 2.6 left. Haven't even looked at B3 yet. I am revising using the MyGcseScience videos, I'd watch the video, make notes, read the book, make any additional notes, do the questions that the MyGcseScience website posts and then mark it. I plan to finish 2.6 now, revise maths for the next 4-5ish hours. Is it possible? Yes. Will it be difficult? Yes but what other choice do we have.
    You're lucky mate. I've only covered B2.1 + B2.2
    Wish me luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maybesojust)
    You're lucky mate. I've only covered B2.1 + B2.2
    Wish me luck
    Good luck mate. I'd suggest you look at the mygcsevideos they help tonnes but to get an A you'd also need to look back at the book and make any additional notes. Once you've revised a chapter just google 'AQA GCSE Biology Unit 2 or 3 end of topic assessment' do it, mark it, then move onto the next topic. Do this till you finish the unit, do them all again, mark it, 5 past papers, then onto unit 3 and follow the same steps. A*/A in the bag. Unit 3 is a ***** tho. Unit 2 is a breeze just the inheritance topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maybesojust)
    I've got my AQA unit 2 and 3 biology exam on Friday.
    Have done very minimal revision, although I am planning to bang it out after my Maths exam tomorrow (I'm on study leave btw)

i remember revising the day before my biology mock and getting an A but I also remember not revising for it properly and getting a D.

Could I possibly revise from say.. 12pm-9pm straight (obviously with breaks and doing past papers) and still get that A grade?

Scared I won't be able to cover all the content in time let alone do past papers and questions.

Help, please.
    I reckon you can do it.

I revised all of B2 and 3 in the half term and will only get to start last minute revision tomorrow, so fingers crossed I actually remember everything

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=maybesojust;65584535]I've got my AQA unit 2 and 3 biology exam on Friday.

Help, please.

I am planning to do the same thing as you, but I have 3 exams on friday, on top of b2 and b3 and need to revise all of them in one night! You'll be fine!
    I did this for C1 and revised P1 on the day of the exam and it went really well (but I thought these papers were quite easy?)
    Best of luck!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.