The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Does ucas update first or do we get notified of an offer by an email from lse?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by mehtj006
One hour, and then the one week wait begins again.😂

Because LSE sends offers only on Friday?
Original post by Caedite eos

My last 3 offers were so ucas track, so I'm guessing track first.
Original post by apaulo5
from what I've seen it's mostly friday @Fbiemad brought the point up, and it's fairly true.
Original post by mehtj006
My last 3 offers were so ucas track, so I'm guessing track first.

Where you had offers from?
Original post by kearnsey98
Where you had offers from?

Warwick A&F
Kings maths
Notts A&F
Original post by cdmcdm
Rejected for one course I applied for at lse, waiting on feedback for the other (also at lse).

Apparently my personal statement wasn't good enough for social policy :/

They only give offer to 1 course per person, so this is normal, don't worry for now.
Original post by apaulo5

They reply on Thursdays and Fridays. People say that on Thursdays they "usually" send out rejections and on Fridays they "usually" send out offers.
So no offers?
Original post by apaulo5

I got my offer in 2015 on a Thursday and I got the email from LSE before I got the notification from Track.
Reply 890
Cant believe they haven't given any offers out yet! Was definitely expecting some today, seeing as they're already behind last years timings
So no offers?

Original post by AdamBh
Cant believe they haven't given any offers out yet! Was definitely expecting some today, seeing as they're already behind last years timings

There have been some. @mehtj006 's college had 2 people who got offers so far. It is just that very few people are actually chatting in this thread compared to last year. There are some other LSE applicants in TSR, but some don't chat here and also many people don't use TSR, so it makes it even harder to find out about people getting offers.
Original post by Fbiemad
There have been some. @mehtj006 's college had 2 people who got offers so far. It is just that very few people are actually chatting in this thread compared to last year. There are some other LSE applicants in TSR, but some don't chat here and also many people don't use TSR, so it makes it even harder to find out about people getting offers.

For economics ? (The offers)
Original post by the___jackal
For economics ? (The offers)

No, he said two other courses.
Reply 894
Do any of you know what social life at the LSE is like? I'm only hearing bad things on this side of things for the school for some reason :frown:
Original post by Fbiemad
No, he said two other courses.

Actuary and sociology
Original post by munirahalyana
Really? How did you do in your AS? I'm sure your PS must be bomb then :P Accounting & Finance at LSE, Warwick, Strathclyde, Bath and Leeds!

yeah I got BCDE from Geography, Maths, Physics and German. I've dropped german for A2 and my predicted grades were AAB so that must do saved me!
Hey guys i was wondering if you could chance me for BSc Actuarial Science.
I got 4A's 2B's and a C in gcse (Extenuating circumstances)
3A's at A-level ( achieved) in Maths, Phy, Chem
Captain of cricket team, school prefect and internship at KPMG.
Thanks!
Original post by Unijunkie422
Thanks!

Depends on your Personal Statement I guess, but I don't know how competitive that course is, so I can't help.
@mehtj006 might be able to help.
Original post by Unijunkie422
Thanks!

Honestly, you already have the required grades so that barrier is met. Thereafter, for acturial science is literally about the passion you show for actuary on your personal statement. For example, sitting about maths and statistics is good, but you got to say why this relates to actuary. Do that and you've got the offer no problem. To be honest, the only thing that may hold you back is not studying further maths, but its unlikely.

Quick Reply

Latest