The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Lselll;68984160]:colondollar:May I ask what have you mentioned in your personal statement? It's just I received 8 weeks email in 21th of November too and l am also applying international relations so I am just a little worried about that. And thank you for your patience mate!
I just kinda mentioned why I originally became interested in the subject, then went on to work experience and what I'd gained from it and after that about further reading. Then just rounded everything off with a conclusion that summed up everything I'd written before.
I actually made a really stupid typo in my conclusion so I was doubly sure I would get rejected as I knew they can be really anal about these kind of things! I can send you it over if you're interested just pm me or whatever.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Do the 8 weeks exclude the month out for Christmas (meaning it's really 12 weeks) or not? Or maybe it includes some of the Christmas holidays but not all of it?
Original post by brrrr15
I just kinda mentioned why I originally became interested in the subject, then went on to work experience and what I'd gained from it and after that about further reading. Then just rounded everything off with a conclusion that summed up everything I'd written before.
I actually made a really stupid typo in my conclusion so I was doubly sure I would get rejected as I knew they can be really anal about these kind of things! I can send you it over if you're interested just pm me or whatever.

In my opinion don't share your Personal Statement with anyone until next year.
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Do the 8 weeks exclude the month out for Christmas (meaning it's really 12 weeks) or not? Or maybe it includes some of the Christmas holidays but not all of it?

They will email us soon and say the length of time they are closed for. I believe last year in their email they said the Admissions team will not work between 24 December to 4th January.
Thank you so much! I sent my application 25th of October so I can't do anything with my PS now. But thank you once again, it's just I am so anxious waiting for the new update of my application. Have a nice day!🤗🤗
Original post by Fbiemad
In my opinion don't share your Personal Statement with anyone until next year.

Fair point tbh
Original post by Fbiemad
They will email us soon and say the length of time they are closed for. I believe last year in their email they said the Admissions team will not work between 24 December to 4th January.

Thank you
Reply 1447
Any graduate applicants here? Have any of you heard back from Lse?
Anyone else applying for BSc Sociology?
The end of my 8 weeks is due today
Original post by Qmwnebrv
The end of my 8 weeks is due today

Either you will get a decision this week or they will send a 4 week email for them to check your application further. (This email doesnt always come straight after the 8th week though).
I've had an email from LSE about further info regarding UMS from my AS maths modules. What should I do if I'm to resit a module?
Original post by Dukey98
I've had an email from LSE about further info regarding UMS from my AS maths modules. What should I do if I'm to resit a module?

If I'm not mistaken you have to put down all the modules you've sat, no matter the result
Reply 1453
Starting from today, I'm heading toward my final week of the eight-week-review process; just wondering if we'd receive a bunch of decisions by the end of this week.
Anyone know if the Thurs & Fri before Christmas last year was eventful or not?
So anxious about this!
Also, I heard that LSE's admissions office is going to close on 21st of Dec and then opens on 3rd of Jan.
Applied quite late, on the 23rd Nov but I've got my 8 week emails for Bsc Government and Economics and Bsc Social Policy and Economics! Now time for the dreaded wait... Good luck to everyone and merry christmas!!
Reply 1455
Does the Christmas closing period extend our 8 weeks to 10 weeks?
Original post by sosob
Does the Christmas closing period extend our 8 weeks to 10 weeks?

Unfortunately it does
Original post by Fbiemad
Did you get an offer?

Also, what subjects are you doing?

No offer yet. I'm waiting with everyone here. I'm expecting a rejection bc I only got AAAB (3 UMS off 4 As - v annoying) and GCSEs weren't good. Done loads of ECs though (good PS and reference)

I'm doing (this year):
- Maths A* (predicted)
- CS A*
- Economics A
- FM (AS) A

Last year:
- Maths (AS) A
- CS (AS) A
- Econ (AS) A
- Gov & Pol (AS) B
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by heduan828
Did you get an offer from LSE?

No offer or rejection yet
Anyone heard anything from LSE (Government&Economics)? When did you submit the application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending