The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Unit 4 with Anon_98.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jammypancake
oh **** yeah, do you remember any other qs?

It said male. there's a 50% of being male or female so it was 1 in 32
all I remember:
community
so theres no competition between different species
definition of phenotype: physical appearance of organism through expression of genotype and environment
XB Xb
50%
0.48%
spun container: so large clumps don't accumulate at the bottom, microorganisms are evenly distributed
hot?: bcos the microorganisms respire and give out heat
stroma
Anyone else get different answers or remember any others?

I put so that the heat is able to dissipate so that the microorganisms do not overheat and die (due to denaturisation) and so that it was aerated so that they could respire aerobically.
all I remember:
community
definition of phenotype: physical appearance of organism through expression of genotype and environment
XB Xb
50%
0.48%
spun container: so large clumps don't accumulate at the bottom, microorganisms are evenly distributed
stroma

I got all the same answers as this apart from I put 1:3 for the probabiblty question ?
all I remember:
community
XB Xb
50%
0.48%
stroma

I'm sorry to say but you do have some incorrect answers

It is not 50%, the probability is 1/16 (my method was a dihybrid cross but perhaps there's alternative methods)
It is also not 0.48%, but 48%
Also the container is spun mainly to homogenise the temperature. Your two points are OK, but perhaps you'll only get 1/2

Other than that, the rest of the answers you put are correct
Original post by Spectral

It is not 50%, the probability is 1/16 (my method was a dihybrid cross but perhaps there's alternative methods)
Also the container is spun mainly to homogenise the temperature. Your two points are OK, but perhaps you'll only get 1/2

I agree on this.Also yea its 48% because it said work percentage out, since we got 0.48% u x100 to get 48% for percentage.

Anyways I think it wasnt hard but wasnt easy.I expect around 54 for a A anyways.(Region is normally 50-55)Now prepare for unit 5 woow.

0.25 chance for no tongue rolling * 0.25 chance for colour blind * 0.5 chance for male = 1 in 32 or 3.125%
Original post by vilifyme
0.25 chance for no tongue rolling * 0.25 chance for colour blind * 0.5 chance for male = 1 in 32 or 3.125%

colour blind is sex linked though, so it was 0.25 of being colour blind *and* male, * 0.25 no tongue rolling = 1/16 or 0.0625
Original post by loganley
colour blind is sex linked though, so it was 0.25 of being colour blind *and* male, * 0.25 no tongue rolling = 1/16 or 0.0625

**** did I misread that. Could have sworn it said it was not sex linked. whoops

tongue rolling was not sex linked, but colour blindness carried over from the other part of the Q so was still sex linked
Was the hardy-Weinberg definitely 48% cuz i got that but loads of people in my class got other random answers...
Original post by Jackmilne95
Was the hardy-Weinberg definitely 48% cuz i got that but loads of people in my class got other random answers...

Yes 100% sure.

the calculation was simply 2x0.4x0.6=0.48
then to convert to percentage 0.48x100=48%

There's no doubt about this answer, so well done in the sense you are correct compared to the others in your class
Yes 100% sure.

the calculation was simply 2x0.4x0.6=0.48
then to convert to percentage 0.48x100=48%

There's no doubt about this answer, so well done in the sense you are correct compared to the others in your class

Ok cool, thats what I did too :smile:
Reply 92

You will still get 1 mark out of two for working out chance of each, I did similar

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending