Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. My exams starts in October. I am starting my revisions next Monday. I am so stressed out and frustrated because I've been so busy procrastinating. I study Maths, English, French, Economics, Business Studies and Travel & Tourism. I don't know what to do. There's so much to revise. I really need to get these straight A's. I'll have to study day and night. It's not going to be a problem. Can you guys give me some tips? I want somebody to study with but there's none. Will I able to get these Straight A's? I am really weak in Maths btw. Please help!

ReputationRep:
    You have ages don't worry about it! People have got straight A* in less than that time. Just remember to do past papers for subjects such as Maths and Science. And remember to use the specification a lot! Just doing a few hours a day is fine until it gets to August/September and you can bump up the hours a little bit And most importantly don't give yourself unrealistic expectations and impossible goals such as studying day and night because it will only cause you to burn and crash when you need your normal self most!

There are a lot of current threads regarding general GCSE advice around TSR so I'm sure you'll find some if you look.

and for general revision/study tips there are some useful threads under here;
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=635

Good luck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much! I feel a lot better!

ReputationRep:
    I've revised a day before for about half of my subjects, the rest a couple of days and I'm probably gonna get A's, all tests went really well. Cram revision is underrated - don't sweat too hard bud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R_S00)
    Hey guys. My exams starts in October. I am starting my revisions next Monday. I am so stressed out and frustrated because I've been so busy procrastinating. I study Maths, English, French, Economics, Business Studies and Travel & Tourism. I don't know what to do. There's so much to revise. I really need to get these straight A's. I'll have to study day and night. It's not going to be a problem. Can you guys give me some tips? I want somebody to study with but there's none. Will I able to get these Straight A's? I am really weak in Maths btw. Please help!
    3 months ago i said: Ages till exams, i'll revise.... That worked out well
    At an early stage you wanna start with the core stuff you need to know, equations, key studies, etc. Leave the stress inducing details unil 2 months to go, and dont over work yourself. I know people who work before school, in school, after school, if i did that i may just die xD Its all about doing how much you feel comfotable with. start with one or two hours now and gradually increase it as time goes on. starting tonnes of revision all in one go can be a shock.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all. I'll post about my results next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R_S00)
    Thank you all. I'll post about my results next year!
    Best of luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R_S00)
    If I was you I would i would start preparing all the revision notes/flashcards for each of the subjects you are doing.

After you have finished making the revision stuff, start reviewing and ensure that you are confident with the content.

For maths - go on mathswatch, it has mini videos for each topic and a lady goes through the technique in a very simple way. It really helps.

Past papers for maths are useful too, print out all past papers from your exam board website and do them. Then mark it yourself and see what you got wrong. Focus on the topics you got wrong and perfect them before the exam.

Lastly, try not to stress out, you'll be alright once you start refreshing topics.

I wish you the best of luck 😊

ReputationRep:
    At GCSE? ez

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.