The Student Room Group

Going to fail A levels, want to go back to college.

Right A2 exams are here and its clear i am going to fail. I messed up going to 6th Form as i didnt know what i wanted to do, taking Film studies, Geography, Biology and Literature but after realizing what i wanted to do (Microbiology) i became quite depressed and gave up. I shot myself in the foot and i am going to fail. I want to go back to college to try again and do a level 3 diploma in Biology but i am worried its to late and i will just end up with smashed dreams and failed A levels. Can anyone give me advice i really need some right now...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Jaustin827
Right A2 exams are here and its clear i am going to fail. I messed up going to 6th Form as i didnt know what i wanted to do, taking Film studies, Geography, Biology and Literature but after realizing what i wanted i became quite depressed and gave up. I shot myself in the foot and i am going to fail. I want to go back to college to try again and do a level 3 diploma in Biology but i am worried its to late and i will just end up with smashed dreams and failed A levels. Can anyone give me advice i really need some right now...
What is it that you want to do now? If it's something Biology related, seeing as you wanted a biology diploma, maybe you could retake the A-level next year? If you've only done 2 years of A levels, you're entitled to do one more year free
Reply 2
The course is changing :/ i would need to do another 2 years of A levels so college is my only option
Reply 3
The course is changing :/ i would need to do another 2 years of A levels so college is my only option

No, there's a final chance to retake in the 2017 exam season
Reply 4
rxns is right, there will be a final chance for retakes in the summer of 2017 for all exams. You can still retake :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by jshark97
rxns is right, there will be a final chance for retakes in the summer of 2017 for all exams. You can still retake :smile:

I wasnt made awate of this :/ how would i go about it?
Reply 6
I wasnt made awate of this :/ how would i go about it?
I would say speak to your head of sixth form or somebody at your school and see how they can rearrange year 14

Quick Reply

Latest