Will.t
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey all,
On the 18th of July my physics class will be doing an academic showcase on the subject of nuclear energy. There are high stakes as this will give us bragging right over all other subjects if ours proves to be best. We need to really show how good physics can be. Currently we are doing nuclear energy through the medium of interpretive dance, which I'm not sure is that feasible. If anyone could give us any really interesting topics in nuclear energy, or exciting ways to put nuclear energy forwards we would all appreciate it!

Will
Elivercury
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
An academic showcase on physics via the medium of interpretive dance?

I seriously hope this is a troll.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Winger energy which caused the Windscale reactor fire.
I reckon you could burn the house down with an interpretive dance based on this phenomenon... maybe even literally.
Will.t
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm not neccesarily saying it HAS to be done in the medium of interpretive dance 😂😂
Elivercury
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Joinedup)
Winger energy which caused the Windscale reactor fire.
I reckon you could burn the house down with an interpretive dance based on this phenomenon... maybe even literally.
Wigner* But I appreciate the reference.

I'm sure they could make some drama out of Rutherford's folly also.
natninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Will.t)
Hey all,
On the 18th of July my physics class will be doing an academic showcase on the subject of nuclear energy. There are high stakes as this will give us bragging right over all other subjects if ours proves to be best. We need to really show how good physics can be. Currently we are doing nuclear energy through the medium of interpretive dance, which I'm not sure is that feasible. If anyone could give us any really interesting topics in nuclear energy, or exciting ways to put nuclear energy forwards we would all appreciate it!

Will
pp fusion chain in the sun could be fun
imagoat
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did an entire EPQ of nuclear fusion and a bit of nuclear energy, there's a lot of cool stuff if you know where to look. As others have mentioned fusion is a good idea, you could also look into the nuclear plane. An ultimately failed project but interesting to talk about none the less https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_X-6
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Project Orion is a brilliant story... and it'd probably have worked too if we'd been crazy enough to build it

uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Elivercury)
An academic showcase on physics via the medium of interpretive dance?

I seriously hope this is a troll.
"One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them."

Aldous Huxley, Brave New World.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (17)
22.67%
Unhappy (21)
28%
Conflicted (37)
49.33%

Watched Threads