Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    On the 18th of July my physics class will be doing an academic showcase on the subject of nuclear energy. There are high stakes as this will give us bragging right over all other subjects if ours proves to be best. We need to really show how good physics can be. Currently we are doing nuclear energy through the medium of interpretive dance, which I'm not sure is that feasible. If anyone could give us any really interesting topics in nuclear energy, or exciting ways to put nuclear energy forwards we would all appreciate it!

Will

ReputationRep:
    An academic showcase on physics via the medium of interpretive dance?

I seriously hope this is a troll.

ReputationRep:
    Winger energy which caused the Windscale reactor fire.
    I reckon you could burn the house down with an interpretive dance based on this phenomenon... maybe even literally.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not neccesarily saying it HAS to be done in the medium of interpretive dance 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Winger energy which caused the Windscale reactor fire.
    I reckon you could burn the house down with an interpretive dance based on this phenomenon... maybe even literally.
    Wigner* But I appreciate the reference.

I'm sure they could make some drama out of Rutherford's folly also.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Will.t)
    Hey all,
    On the 18th of July my physics class will be doing an academic showcase on the subject of nuclear energy. There are high stakes as this will give us bragging right over all other subjects if ours proves to be best. We need to really show how good physics can be. Currently we are doing nuclear energy through the medium of interpretive dance, which I'm not sure is that feasible. If anyone could give us any really interesting topics in nuclear energy, or exciting ways to put nuclear energy forwards we would all appreciate it!

Will
    pp fusion chain in the sun could be fun

ReputationRep:
    I did an entire EPQ of nuclear fusion and a bit of nuclear energy, there's a lot of cool stuff if you know where to look. As others have mentioned fusion is a good idea, you could also look into the nuclear plane. An ultimately failed project but interesting to talk about none the less https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_X-6

ReputationRep:
    Project Orion is a brilliant story... and it'd probably have worked too if we'd been crazy enough to build it

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Elivercury)
    An academic showcase on physics via the medium of interpretive dance?

I seriously hope this is a troll.
    "One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them."

Aldous Huxley, Brave New World.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.