Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've had a really bad headache for the past few days I known it could be the heat, but my sister suffers from migraines and she says it sounds like it could be.

I've an A level exam this afternoon. I feel so ill almost like i'm about to be sick.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Bekkiblu)
    I've had a really bad headache for the past few days I known it could be the heat, but my sister suffers from migraines and she says it sounds like it could be.

I've an A level exam this afternoon. I feel so ill almost like i'm about to be sick.
    Migraines are pretty terrible, but I'm also not sure you'd be sat in front of a screen with one either. Usually I can't even be in a room with lights on or anything. Because of the heat, make sure you stay hydrated. Take a cool bottle of water into your exam with you and make sure you've eaten something, maybe toast or crackers. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck in your exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Migraines are pretty terrible, but I'm also not sure you'd be sat in front of a screen with one either. Usually I can't even be in a room with lights on or anything. Because of the heat, make sure you stay hydrated. Take a cool bottle of water into your exam with you and make sure you've eaten something, maybe toast or crackers. I hope you feel better soon. Good luck in your exam!
    It was worst yesterday, if im complely honest. Today i have a really bad headsche, but i still feel sick and can't face food. I've had lots water so i'm fairly hydrated..

Thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bekkiblu)

Contact doctor and college. If the migraine (assuming it is one) is bad enough for you to miss your exam you will need a doctors note for extenuating circumstances and to tell college as soon as possible. If you think you can manage your exam the doctor will be able to give you strong painkillers like cocodamol or ones designed for migraines to make it easier. It also just generally helps to get a diagnosis and check nothing has triggered it.
    Be sure to stay hydrated as heat and dehydration could have triggered it. Staying away from as much noise and light as possible helps (maybe have a nap). I'm sure your sister can give you more advice on coping so i'll leave it at that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.