Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    I was reading this story yesterday and am now very sad to see that Aiden was found too late and has died. Such a sad situation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-36487727

ReputationRep:
    His GF's called 'Bluebell'?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    On a serious note, it's a tragedy. I hope his family recover.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I saw the post his auntie wrote on facebook a few days ago and was really hoping he would be found safe. It's so upsetting, awful thing to read this morning :sad: I wish people would stick together to avoid tragic things like this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tragic death

ReputationRep:
    it seems that more often than not, when people are reported to be missing, you don't find "them", rather, you find "their bodies"
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    I saw the post his auntie wrote on facebook a few days ago and was really hoping he would be found safe. It's so upsetting, awful thing to read this morning :sad: I wish people would stick together to avoid tragic things like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I hoped yesterday they would find him. What a real shame.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Oh goodness… how awful! Such a terrible shame. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I've been following this story for the last few days. Although I knew it was unlikely, I was hoping he was sheltering in a cave or something waiting to be rescued.

I really can't stop thinking about him. It's been on my mind all day. I think because it reminds me of when I was 22 and first travelled around Vietnam, and explored the mountains alone just like he did. I'll be going up the very mountain he died on next month. It's a bit of a reality check - these places are dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    Vietnam and the rest of Southeast Asia really need to sort their **** out.

Sounds like a "kill foreign tourists" culture.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.