The Student Room Group

Maths OCR Calculator paper - Thurs 9 June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HFC_
Anyone got the answers for foundation edexcel maths?

also interested
Original post by Johnson2000
Wht about the one about getting a certain amount of money back in a percentage??

I got 1.7% 😐
You have to take away the total percentage from 100 at the end
Reply 22
Original post by Unknown123321
I got 1.7% 😐
You have to take away the total percentage from 100 at the end

That's what I got I think
I'm being very pessimistic about the maths tests right now. I know I dropped more marks on the non-calc, I'm hoping the grade boundary for an A* is around 165.
what did everyone get for the spider one and the prism?
Original post by gabrielealek
what did everyone get for the spider one and the prism?

I'm pretty sure you use Pythagoras to work out A to M and then you times it by two, can't remember the numbers though.
I'm pretty sure you use Pythagoras to work out A to M and then you times it by two, can't remember the numbers though.

ah yes i did that! i got 54.7 i think

Ye something like that, what did you get for the percentage question about the groceries and fuel.

That's what I got also, around that amount
(edited 7 years ago)
Ye something like that, what did you get for the percentage question about the groceries and fuel.

1.7%
i got 1.7%, also got 54.7 for prisom question. What did people get for the circle theorems question?
Original post by h_wxller1
i got 1.7%, also got 54.7 for prisom question. What did people get for the circle theorems question?

same!! and i got 28 degrees for the circle theorems
48 sorry haha
Original post by h_wxller1

I think it was like 48 degrees
Agh! I totally flapped on the bearings one and took it as an isosceles triangle with the bottom ones both being 15 degrees each and now looking at the worked solution I feel like an idiot. I think it was highly marked though so hopefully because I used the sine rule but with the wrong numbers, I'll still get method marks :-) Other than that question the rest of the test was a whizz and normally I'm worse at calc compared to non-calc.
yeah i got 1.7% and 48 for circle theorem but for bearing i messed up the angles and got 217km 😅 i still used the sine rule so hopefully i will get method marks!
[QUOTE=Heardmanator;65604973]Agh! I totally flapped on the bearings one and took it as an isosceles triangle with the bottom ones both being 15 degrees each and now looking at the worked solution I feel like an idiot. I think it was highly marked though so hopefully because I used the sine rule but with the wrong numbers, I'll still get method marks :-) Other than that question the rest of the test was a whizz and normally I'm worse at calc compared to non-calc.
i did exactly what you did on the bearings!
i did exactly what you did on the bearings!

I didn't speak to anyone at my school who understood the question so I'm guessing not many will have picked up marks on it :s-smilie: Glad to know a lot of us are in the same boat though
What did people get for the sin graph one
1.7%?

Quick Reply

Latest