The Student Room Group

Futher Maths + Maths + Physics in one year

Do you think it would be possible to do Physics, Maths and Further Maths in one year?
I have already done one year of Mechanical Engineering before in my country, so my knowledge of Maths and Physics is good.
I found a college to do Physics and Maths, but can't find anything for FM. Any tips on that?
Reply 1
Or maybe just the first year of FM(AS)?
Original post by GiuDell
Do you think it would be possible to do Physics, Maths and Further Maths in one year?
I have already done one year of Mechanical Engineering before in my country, so my knowledge of Maths and Physics is good.
I found a college to do Physics and Maths, but can't find anything for FM. Any tips on that?

Original post by GiuDell
Or maybe just the first year of FM(AS)?

Maybe consider taking FM as a private student? I don't quite know how it works but I know a few people who have done it. It depends whether you want to teach yourself though and whether you feel you'd be able to do it.

It's definitely possible to do it in one year but you'd just need to be focused and ready to work hard. :smile:
Reply 3
I have always taught myself the subjects in high school, so I don't think it will be a big problem.
The problem is that I have no idea how the A-levels are, because I am not from the UK.
I'm scared that I would miss the exams or something like that.

Quick Reply

Latest