Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Below

ReputationRep:
    Here
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I did the cosine rule instead of the sine rule. I ended up with 80.6. I did round up the side to 5.22 though. Would i still get full marks?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely- they'll probably give a range due to rounding. Unfortunately for me I carried an error through :/ and so I'll be lucky to get 3 haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James2021)
    I did the cosine rule instead of the sine rule. I ended up with 80.6. I did round up the side to 5.22 though. Would i still get full marks?
    You should never round before the final answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ano123)
    You should never round before the final answer.
    Oh well. I did everything else right so it shouldnt have too much of an impact.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well. I did everything else right so it shouldnt have too much of an impact.
    Was 40 the angle?

ReputationRep:
    i used 1/2 absinC to get the 40.... degree. after used cosine rule to find AC .. the 5.22.. lenght. and then used cosine rule to get around 81.3. i think i must have mistakenly mistyped the 5.22 full decimals in the calc. so would i get all the marks???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subhan23)
    i used 1/2 absinC to get the 40.... degree. after used cosine rule to find AC .. the 5.22.. lenght. and then used cosine rule to get around 81.3. i think i must have mistakenly mistyped the 5.22 full decimals in the calc. so would i get all the marks???
    How many marks do you think I would get if all I did was work out the 40 degree angle?

ReputationRep:
    I did the same but got 80.1, will I still be fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidL2000)
    I did the same but got 80.1, will I still be fine?
    No doubt you rounded to 5.22, like me. There will probably be a range of answers they allow (80.1 - 80.4 maybe?) but you don't stand to lose any more than one mark for that answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeldor711)
    No doubt you rounded to 5.22, like me. There will probably be a range of answers they allow (80.1 - 80.4 maybe?) but you don't stand to lose any more than one mark for that answer.
    Okay great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedbird129)
    How many marks do you think I would get if all I did was work out the 40 degree angle?
    Perhaps 2. The question was out of 6 so 2 for reverse area, 2 for finding out the side and 2 for finding the angle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidL2000)
    Okay great
    Hopefully it goes up to 80.6! xD I think they might give the marks anyway as long as everything youve done in the working is correct. My working is really messy though. Will that matter?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully it goes up to 80.6! xD I think they might give the marks anyway as long as everything youve done in the working is correct. My working is really messy though. Will that matter?
    If unreadable I think it goes to the senior examiner who will try to decipher it. The marks should be given (probably as long as you have rounded to at least 3 significant figures)

ReputationRep:
    So if i did everytthing uskng area finding sinC, cosine finding lenght of 5.2..... whatever the lenght was. And used cosine to find angle and got 81.4 . Due to mistakrnly typing the 5.22 lenght. But my answer is 3 s.f figures. Will o get 6/6

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.