Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

I have a problem.

In my Edexcel calculator paper- higher- I found the paper really quite simple. Everything was more or less straightforward, and it was MUCH easier than the non calculator.

However, I had a number of weird numbers within the shape questions, as my calculator had been changed to radians by accident; I did not realise this [stupidly] until the end of the exam, after they said "put your pens down". So I need someone to help-

Is there any way that I can still get an A*, even though I got the methods right- i.e. 1/2 a b sin C and everything, but my figures were crazily wrong?
    Also, is it worth retaking it if I get a bad grade- which, for me, is like an A downwards? Because I feel that I would have easily got at least 95, had it not been for the calculator being on radians without my realising.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    You can still get an A* because you''ll get marked for the method too.

ReputationRep:
    I would not retake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    You can still get an A* because you''ll get marked for the method too.
    That's okay then; do you know of anyone else who's ever done this?

Because I feel so stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeenPolyglot)
    That's okay then; do you know of anyone else who's ever done this?

Because I feel so stupid.
    Hmmm, not really... Don't feel stupid, mistakes like that happen. If you think you did bad, just remember that I got approx. eight marks for paper one and that's insane. So ya, keep it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Hmmm, not really... Don't feel stupid, mistakes like that happen. If you think you did bad, just remember that I got approx. eight marks for paper one and that's insane. So ya, keep it up
    Hmm, that's true. And thanks- I know someone who labelled the tourism graph in geography as the Butler model...

But thank you all the same

(Et tuum nomen amo!)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.