The Student Room Group

Retaking GCSE

With today's exam I know now I definitely failed my Maths exam, It was my last chance and I didn't take it seriously.. I have finished my BTEC course and I have got the grades but if I take a gap year is it possible for me to actually retake Maths during that period? Noting I wont be in six form either has I have finished my course and got my grades for it.
You definitely can. You'd have to apply as a private candidate though if you're no longer under enrolment at your sixth form.
Reply 2
Original post by GetOverHere
You definitely can. You'd have to apply as a private candidate though if you're no longer under enrolment at your sixth form.

Thank you for replying, any chance do I apply on Edexcel or is it another service?
Original post by kafes98
Thank you for replying, any chance do I apply on Edexcel or is it another service?

No problem. You would apply to take the Edexcel exam through the exam centre that you wish to sit the exam at. If your old sixth form is willing to allow you to do it, that is probably your best call as they have your information already, they'll just need to enter you for the exam. Note that because you're a private candidate, you will have to pay the cost of exams/remarks.

Personally, I would just wait until results day and see where you stand. You may think you did bad but you may end up with what you need.
Reply 4
Original post by GetOverHere
No problem. You would apply to take the Edexcel exam through the exam centre that you wish to sit the exam at. If your old sixth form is willing to allow you to do it, that is probably your best call as they have your information already, they'll just need to enter you for the exam. Note that because you're a private candidate, you will have to pay the cost of exams/remarks.

Personally, I would just wait until results day and see where you stand. You may think you did bad but you may end up with what you need.

Alright, thank you very much for the help.

Quick Reply

Latest