Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Raining watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Its been raining nearly all day, at the moment its pouring down and thundering, its terrible, is it raining where you are? I think the weather forecast is the same for the rest of the week

ReputationRep:
    It is raining. It is miserable. It is going to carry on raining this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    Its been raining nearly all day, at the moment its pouring down and thundering, its terrible, is it raining where you are? I think the weather forecast is the same for the rest of the week
    It's windy and raining and freezing cold.

ReputationRep:
    Its been lovely here today, it was 22c at 4:00pm when I went to town, it has really strong son too. The whole week has been really nice, the weather tomorrow looks bleak though.

ReputationRep:
    It's hardly rained at all here but it is very windy...

ReputationRep:
    Yeh its depressing, was really windy earlier too

ReputationRep:
    Where I am, it's super hot and I'd just kill for some rain. The sun is so glaring that I sleep during the mornings and afternoons and only wake up durign the night. I like the night.....

ReputationRep:
    I like the rain and love a good thunder storm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    I do if I am inside in my bedroom, I used £400 of my student loan for a new bedroom window (my old one was a rotton whole) so I love being able to sit on my room when a storm is happening outside and not being able to hear any of it

I love my window.

ReputationRep:
    its been nice n sunny here today been shopping in manchester

last nite though wasn't good, the thunder set our house alarm off at 3am

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Yeah thunder storms are great! Apart from my sister running round screaming coz she's scared (and she is 15)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I do if I am inside in my bedroom, I used £400 of my student loan for a new bedroom window (my old one was a rotton whole) so I love being able to sit on my room when a storm is happening outside and not being able to hear any of it

I love my window.
    I love the rain too!! Esp since I don't do sports and I'm allergic to sweat (jk)... the world looks so clean and unpolluted .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BombShell)
    its been nice n sunny here today been shopping in manchester

last nite though wasn't good, the thunder set our house alarm off at 3am

x
    I was in Manchester today too (twice in fact) but then I seem to go intot he city centre on a daily basis, its quite rare when I don't.

It was odd last night, the thunder was quite severe yet there wasn't any rain till much later in the ngiht, then today was a proper good July's summer day. It rained 'darn sarf'

ReputationRep:
    i went to town to buy two books, and bumpted into my history teacher on the street - i jumped as he scared me

ReputationRep:
    I love the rain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    i went to town to buy two books, and bumpted into my history teacher on the street - i jumped as he scared me
    What is town to you? Altrincham or Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    I love my window.
    Bless
    It's been nice in Manchester the last few days but that's all gonna change tonight apparently. The big storms in the South won't reach here - we haven't had a good thunderstorm in the North for ages! Years ago the sky turned practically green during one storm and there was lots of lightning, those were the days :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i like the rain when im inside but when i have to walk in it, i hate it of course.

ReputationRep:
    What is town to you? Altrincham or Manchester?

well town to me is Manchester, as Alty is....well, just dead and horrible !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    well town to me is Manchester, as Alty is....well, just dead and horrible !
    Altrincham has suffered from the trafford centre too much, places like Chorlton and Didsbury have survived because they have opend up loads of bars/cofee shops and delis instead of clothes shops and stuff. Altrincham is a functional town though. When I went a few months back a lot of shops seemed to have closed. Urmston has also suffered badly from the T/C effect.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.