Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been accepted onto My tutor web as a tutor, but I am beginning my studies (Chemistry) at Oxford this year...how time consuming is tutoring online? Is it realistic to do this alongside my studies? Let me know your experience with tutoring whilst at uni

ReputationRep:
    I've never done online tutoring but I have done 3 years of chemistry at Oxford!

Chemistry is notoriously time intensive. There's definitely time to do other things but I'd imagine you'd want to be doing things that are a bit more relaxing in your free time! If you really wanted to though, and it was only say 3 hours a week I'm sure you could manage it.

What I would say though is that you should wait till you start before you commit to anything. You may find your priorities change!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KombatWombat)
    I've never done online tutoring but I have done 3 years of chemistry at Oxford!

Chemistry is notoriously time intensive. There's definitely time to do other things but I'd imagine you'd want to be doing things that are a bit more relaxing in your free time! If you really wanted to though, and it was only say 3 hours a week I'm sure you could manage it.

What I would say though is that you should wait till you start before you commit to anything. You may find your priorities change!
    Ok, thanks for your tips! I will probably start off without the tutoring and then see if I can squeeze it in!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by waldonator)
    I have been accepted onto My tutor web as a tutor, but I am beginning my studies (Chemistry) at Oxford this year...how time consuming is tutoring online? Is it realistic to do this alongside my studies? Let me know your experience with tutoring whilst at uni
    Oxbridge is pretty intense - terms are short for a reason! You may find that trying to tutor during term time doesn't really work, but holidays may be better.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.