Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

France vs Romania - 10th June 20:00 (ITV) Watch

• PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper

France vs Romania, 10th June 2016, 8pm, ITV

Yes, this is it! The Euro 2016 tournament is underway when this match kicks off! .

Please use this thread to discuss anything related to France vs Romania match :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'll go for 3-0 to the French.

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Don't think Martial will even start sadly.

ReputationRep:
    I think the French will win, perhaps with a couple of late goals.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm going 3-1. Hope we see a decent opening ceremony for a change.

ReputationRep:
    Rami looks incredibly poor.

ReputationRep:
    My prediction is FT 2-1 to France.

Romania look dangerous for set piece, but France will edge it.

ReputationRep:
    This game is so boring, everyone has over-hyped France. I bet France will squeak past the group stage and et knocked out at the QF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I think the French will win, perhaps with a couple of late goals.
    (Original post by The Roast)

good from you two
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Roast)

Bulls-eye! that was the result at the end.

France edged it, right. But that was very close. Romania has almost got a draw and it would be deserve indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Payet was immense, really revelled playing in a more central role. Pogba was OK with a few good touches in the first half but he played lot deep than I thought he would, seems that he wants to orchestrate from deep. Martial for Giroud though, latter should have put France up before he eventually scored.

Also the ref was incredibly lenient on France in the first half - Evra got away with a few fouls and Romania should have had a free kick near the D just before half time.

ReputationRep:
    Love how BBC and ITV are wheeling out any member of the French 98 and 00 tournament winning teams, whether it be Henry, Petit, Karembeu. Just waiting on Barthez, Trezeguet, Lizarazu, Djorkaeff, Desailly etc. to make appearances.
    Great occasion for France to win their opening game, Payet's market value keeps going up and up and it'll prove to be crucial that West Ham managed to secure European football for next season (in terms of keeping him there). France need to freshen up their defence though (them playing Sagna and Evra would be like England playing Glen Johnson and Ashley Cole in this tournament), are the likes of Digne and Umtiti not in the squad?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Hugs31)
    France need to freshen up their defence though (them playing Sagna and Evra would be like England playing Glen Johnson and Ashley Cole in this tournament), are the likes of Digne and Umtiti not in the squad?
    Yes they are both included.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Awesome to see the PL trio of Giroud, Kante and Payet making a difference last night. Romania played really well, I thought. They frustrated France and made things really difficult for them. I thought France would struggle with the pressure - and so it turned out.

Giroud was poor apart from the goal, but that header was crucial and fair play to him for getting on the scoresheet. Payet's goal was just excellent.

Griezmann/Pogba ineffective.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.